Agglomeration community of Pays d'Aubagne et de l'Etoile
|Pays d'Aubagne et de l’Étoile|
|Established||1 January 2007|
|• President||Magali Giovannangeli (FG)|
|• Total||244.7 km2 (94.5 sq mi)|
The Agglomeration community of Pays d'Aubagne et de l'Etoile (French: Communauté d'agglomération Pays d'Aubagne et de l'Etoile), is a former intercommunal structure joining the communes near Aubagne in the Bouches-du-Rhône department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region of south-eastern France. On 1 January 2016 it merged into the Metropolis of Aix-Marseille-Provence.
It was formed 1 January 2007 after the dissolution of the Communauté de communes de l'Etoile-Merlançon and the five associated communes joined the Agglomeration community of Garlaban-Huveaune-Sainte-Baume forming the new Agglomeration community of Pays d'Aubagne et de l'Etoile.
- one commune from the department of Var:
The local powers of the agglomeration are:
- Economic development,
- Transport network with the free Bus de l'Agglo
- Urban planning,
- Housing and public facilities,
- Waste disposal and sanitation
- Agriculture and forestry.
The hills of Pagnol and the landscapes of Cézanne depict the hectic daily life of its inhabitants, while in the vicinity are other magnificent sites such as the Calanques or inlets from Marseille to La Ciotat through Cassis, and the Sainte-Baume mountain range.
Budget and Taxation
- Total operating revenues: €66,835,000 or €641 per capita
- Total capital resources: €22,867,000, or €219 per capita
- Debt: €13,607,000 or €131 per capita.
The Guérini Affair
On 14 January 2011, Alain Belviso, the elected PCF and president of the communauté d'agglomération du pays d'Aubagne et de l'Étoile, was indicted for embezzlement of public funds. He was the first elected official implicated in this case. He was released on bail under judicial control, then he resigned his office of alderman in February 2011 and left his position as president of the agglomeration.
- Communes Communes belonging to the Fiscal Group: CA Pays d’Aubagne et de l’Étoile
- Accounts of the Fiscal Group (GFP), Analysis of Financial Status of GFP: CA Pays d’Aubagne et de l’Étoile
- Alain Belviso indicted, Edited: 20 minutes consulted on 17 January 2011 (in French).
- The President of the Town of Aubagne Alain Belviso Resigns, AFP Report of 21 February 2011 at 17:43 consulted on 8 May 2013 (in French).