|Directed by||APG Elumalai|
|Produced by||R. Ravichandran|
|Written by||APG Elumalai|
|Music by||C. Sathya|
|Edited by||LVK Dass|
Aghavan is a 2019 Indian Tamil-language mystery-thriller film written and directed by APG Elumalai on his directorial debut. The film stars Kishore Ravichandran, Chirashree Anchan and Nithya Shetty in the lead roles. C. Sathya composed the music for the film, while cinematography was handled by Bala Palaniappan.
Hero Kishore Ravichandran works in a temple and does all kinds of work to wash away his sins, at least that's what he tells his colleague (Thambi Ramaiah). Only in the second half we come to know that Kishore is an undercover cop who safeguards the temple from an organized criminal gang who sketches a master plan to loot the wealth hidden ages back. Kishore's friend is a research scholar who does a doctorate on the hidden secret of Raja Raja Cholan, so our hero should save him too!
- Kishore Ravichandran
- Naren V.
- Chirashree Anchan
- Nithya Shetty
- Thambi Ramaiah
- Chinni Jayanth
- R. N. R. Manohar
The film is directed by APG Elumalai, a former assistant of film director Prabhu Solomon and insisted that the film is based on temple tale, implies the conflict between good and evil inside the human beings. The film is predominantly shot in Agasteeswarar Temple, Kolapakkam and the plot of the story is developed inside the temple.
The filmmakers roped in Kannada Actress Chirashree & Telugu actress Nithya M Shetty to play the female leads in the film and in fact the film marks the Tamil acting debut for both of them.
The official teaser of the film was unveiled on 4 February 2019.
The film's basic premise is quite interesting and the director manages to maintain the suspense until the mid of the second half. The film is too long and needs some urgent trimming. Only in the last thirty minutes, we get to know the all the twists which is indeed an interesting move!
Among the actors, hero Kishore Ravichandran does a good job with underplayed performance. Thambi Ramaiah provides occasional comic relief while the two girls have been used to tick the romantic angle box. Director Elumalai must be lauded for the research he done for the script.
Technically C Sathya's music is adequate while the cinematography is strictly functional. Overall, Aghavan is an average venture and it can be watched for the last thirty minutes
- "Kishore Ravichandran's Aghavan is a thriller involving a temple worker – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- 5 February, Silverscreen On; 2019 (5 February 2019). "Aghavan Teaser Starring Kishore Ravichandran, Chirashree Anchan, Nithya shetty". Silverscreen.in. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "'Aghavan' is a temple tale, says director Ezhumalai". News Today | First with the news. 6 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- Dinamalar (5 February 2019). "அகவன் : கோவிலுக்குள் நடக்கும் கதை | Agavan story insdie temple". தினமலர் - சினிமா (in Tamil). Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Aghavan tells the story of inner person in you". Deccan Chronicle. 6 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- Lahari Music | T-Series (4 February 2019), Aghavan Teaser | Kishore Ravichandran | Apg.Elumalai | R.Ravichandran | Yugabharathi | C.Sathya, retrieved 17 February 2019