Ahvaz National Resistance
|Ahvaz National Resistance|
|مقاومت ملی اهواز|
|Active region(s)||Khuzestan Province|
Described by Israeli newspaper Haaretz as "an umbrella organization of all armed movements", the Ahvaz National Resistance claimed responsibility for the 2018 Ahvaz military parade attack. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant later also claimed responsibility. Speaking to Iran International TV in London, Yaqoub al-Tostari,[a] [clarification needed] for one of the two groups that identify themselves as the Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahvaz, said the Ahvaz National Resistance was behind the attack, which killed 25 people excluding the five assailants, but did not specify which group.
On 23 September 2018, Danish broadcaster DR stated that al-Tostari lives in Denmark and had an interview with him, explaining a day later that the name "Yaqoub al-Tostari" is a cover, and that his real name is known to the broadcaster.
- Arab separatism in Khuzestan
- National Liberation Movement of Ahwaz
- Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahwaz
- Michael Georgy (22 September 2018). "Gunmen kill 25, including 12 Revolutionary Guards, in attack on Iran military parade". Reuters. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Iran Blames Israel, U.S. for Military Parade Shooting That Killed 29". Haaretz. Associated Press and Reuters. 22 September 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Iran military parade attacked by gunmen in Ahvaz". BBC News Online. BBC. 22 September 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Islamic State says Iran attack will not be the last: al Furqan". Reuters. 26 September 2018.
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan (22 September 2018). "Terrorists kill Iranian children and soldiers in military parade attack". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- Christina Nordvang Jensen, Emma Stampe Fogh (23 September 2018). "Talsperson afviser at stå bag angreb i Iran: 'Vi er kun aktive politisk'" (in Danish). DR. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- Emil Søndergård Ingvorsen, Sally Frydenlund (24 September 2018). "Irans ambassadør: "Vi bad om udlevering af terrorister i Danmark i 2010"" (in Danish). DR. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
|This article related to a paramilitary organization or suspected paramilitary organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This terrorism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|