|Muhammad Ajmal Khan|
|Born||Charsadda, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
Edwardes College, Peshawar|
University of Peshawar
Islamia College University
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ajmal Khan was the first Vice-Chancellor of Islamia College University, Peshawar from 26 June 2008 to 25 June 2016. He is also a cousin of Awami National Party chief Asfandyar Wali Khan.
After education Burn Hall Abbottabad and Peshawar University, Ajmal Khan started off his career as a lecturer at Edwardes College, Peshawar. Dr. Khan also remained associated with the University of Peshawar as deputy provost, provost and registrar and was later appointed as the principal of Islamia College University. Khan also served at Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan as a Vice-Chancellor and then returned as the first Vice-Chancellor of Islamia College University-when Islamia College became a university in 2008.
Khan was kidnapped from Professors Colony on Peshawar’s University Road along with his ramesh vidhani driver Mohibullah in September 2010 by Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) while going to university. TTP demanded the release of four Taliban prisoners in the bargain of Dr. Khan release but government had earlier refused the offer, and then threatened to kill the professor if the government failed to accept their demands and an earlier deadline had been extended by militants after appeals by his family and religious scholars hailing from Khan’s native Charsadda district. Security officials said that the kidnapping of Khan using a ransom tool to bargain for the release of their militants being held by Pakistan authorities. A statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that security forces and intelligence agencies had been trying to locate Khan.
-Prof. Ajmal Khan speaking to Dawn
On September 9, 2014 he took charge as Vice Chancellor of Islamia College University, Peshawar, again after four years, and the staff presented flowers bouquet to him when he reached to the university.
- "The Express Tribune August 17th, 2015 :: Sitara-e-Imtiaz award to Prof. Dr.Ajmal Khan".
- "Islamia College, Peshawar".
- "Peshawar professor under Taliban captivity appeals for release".
- "Prof Ajmal recovered after four years - Pakistan - DAWN.COM". dawn.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Nasir Khan. "Prof Ajmal khan rejoins University as VC | TheNewsTribe". thenewstribe.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- "TTP wanted to kidnap ex-KP minister Mian Iftikhar: Prof Ajmal Khan". nation.com.pk. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- "Question of qualifications: Ajmal Khan's eligibility as Islamia VC challenged - The Express Tribune". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2016-11-19.