The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Labels||Wall of Sound, Ra Recordings|
Formed in 1994 in Brixton, London, Casey contributes electronics, guitar, and vocals, with Hand contributing saxophone, flute, and vocals. Their first track appeared on a DJ Bizzniss EP, released on Payday Recordings. The track was then licensed through Pressure Drop, who recommended them to Wall Of Sound. This led to the release of the Jazadelica EP in 1995, and a performance on The Jazz Stage at Glastonbury Festival, followed by the singles "Spanish Fly" in 1996 and "Brown Sugar" in 1997. Appearances on various compilations followed, and the release of their first album, Cinematique, in 1998, including guest appearances from Neneh Cherry and Maxi Jazz.
Akasha then toured Belgium, France and Germany. In 1999, all tracks on Cinematique were remixed and released as an remix album.
Akasha released their second album Love Philtre Magick in 2003, and third album Hail the sun in 2015.
- Cinematique (1998), Wall of Sound
- Cinematique - The Remixes (1999), Wall of Sound
- Love Philtre Magick (2003), RA Recordings
- Hail the Sun (2015), RA Recordings
Singles and EPs
- Jazadelica EP (1995), Wall of Sound
- "Spanish Fly" (1996), Wall of Sound
- "Brown Sugar" (1997), Wall of Sound
- Cinematique, The Remixes Vol.1 (1999), Wall of Sound
- Cinematique, The Remixes Vol.2 (1999), Wall of Sound
- Cinematique, The Remixes Vol.3 (1999), Wall of Sound
- "Mugwamp Mondo" (2001), RA Recordings
- Love Philtre Magick - The Remixes (2004), RA Recordings
- "She's Groovy" (2005), RA Recordings
- "Akasha to perform in Valletta", Times of Malta, 17 December 2004. Retrieved 31 July 2016
- Bush, John "Akasha Biography", Allmusic. Retrieved 31 July 2016
- Bush, John "Cinematique Review", Allmusic. Retrieved 31 July 2016
- Nachman, Ron (2003) "Akasha", Phoenix New Times, 10 April 2003. Retrieved 31 July 2016
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|