|Full name||Akira Fitzgerald|
|Date of birth||July 17, 1987|
|Place of birth||Chiba, Japan|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2007–2010||Wake Forest Demon Deacons|
|2015||New York City FC||0||(0)|
|2015||→ Carolina RailHawks (loan)||3||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 October 2015.
Akira Fitzgerald (born July 17, 1987) is an American soccer player.
College and Amateur
After redshirting his freshman year at Wake Forest, Fitzgerald made four appearances in 2007 and posted a 1-0-1 record. In 2008, Fitzgerald started every game for the Demon Deacons and finished with 13 clean sheets on the season and was named to ACC Honor Roll. Fitzgerald had another solid year in 2009 as he posted a 17-4-3 record in his junior season and was named to ACC Honor Roll for the second year in a row. Despite a rough senior season in 2010 with an 8-9-2 record, Fitzgerald still finished with a 1.23 goals against average, an ACC-best 81 saves, was named Second Team All-ACC and was one of 30 candidates for the 2010 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award for men's soccer.
Fitzgerald joined North American Soccer League club Carolina RailHawks on July 2011. After four seasons with the club, his contract ended and he was promptly signed up on a free transfer by expansion club New York City FC. On May 19, 2015, it was announced Fitzgerald would be re-joining the RailHawks on loan through the NASL's spring season.
- The club was known as Cary RailHawks U23's in 2008
- 2008 Cary RailHawks U23's stats
- 2009 Cary Clarets stats
- "New York City FC sign Akira Fitzgerald". nycfc.com. December 11, 2014. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Akira Fitzgerald Returns to Carolina RailHawks". carolinarailhawks.com. May 19, 2015. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- "RAILHAWKS RE-SIGN AKIRA FITZGERALD". http://www.carolinarailhawks.com/. Carolina RailHawks. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2015. External link in
|This biographical article related to an American soccer goalkeeper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|