This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alain Bugat (born 1948) is a French nuclear engineer, research administrator and chief executive. He headed the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique from 2003 to 2009 and was chief executive of several engineering companies. He is an ingénieur général de l'armement.
Bugat played an active role in bringing public research to practical application.
Bugat was admitted at Polytechnique in 1968 and chose the Corps de l'armement upon graduation in 1971. He graduated from ENSTA in 1973 and entered the Directorate of Military Applications of the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique (CEA). Between 1982 he worked at the Ministry of Industry and came back to the Directorate of Military Applications of the CEA in 1984.
In 1989, He became Deputy General Director of CISI Ingenierie an Director General in March 1992.
In December 1992, Alain Bugat became the second Head of the direction des technologies avancées (Directorate of Advanced Technologies) of the CEA. This directorate had been created in 1989 at the request of the French Government in order to spread to a wider public, in particular high tech SMEs, the scientific and technological capital acquired on public nuclear spendings. This was the "mission de diffusion technologique" (Technology Diffusion Mission). The first Director of Advanced technologies had been Yannick d'Escatha.
In 1999 Bugat was appointed CEO of Technicatome.
In 2003, he was appointed Head of the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique
In 2006, his appointment as Head of the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique renewed.
Bugat organized a reorientation of the CEA towards environmental technologies
In 2009 he became CEO of the consulting firm Nucadvisor
- "Alain Bugat: Executive Profile & Biography". Businessweek. 2012-03-10. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Valorisation économique de la recherche publique" (PDF). 2009-02-29. Retrieved 2012-10-20. Check date values in:
- "Structure and governance". Homepage RATP Group. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Alain Bugat". Annuaire Académiciens. Academie des technologies. Retrieved 2012-10-20.[permanent dead link]
- "Alain Bugat nouveau patron du CEA". Libération. 2003-01-09. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Décret du 4 janvier 2006 portant nomination de l'administrateur général du Commissariat à l'énergie atomique - M. Bugat (Alain)
- "Sciences : Le CEA s'oriente vers les énergies propres et les technologies". Le Figaro. 2007-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Naissance d'un nouvel acteur dans l'ingénierie du nucléaire civil - Energie". LeMoniteur.fr. 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
|This French engineer or inventor biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|