This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1 October 1955|
Alan Robson MBE (born 1 October 1955) is an English radio presenter, best known for hosting the long-running North East radio talk show, Alan Robson's Night Owls. He claims that in November 2000 he received a Masters in Exorcism and Spiritualism at Birkbeck, University of London. 
Robson started his career with Metro Radio in Newcastle, presenting his first show on 12 November 1976. Initially, he hosted specialist rock music shows for the station, including Bridges and Hot 'n' Heavy Express on Saturday nights.
Night Owls launched shortly after Metro began broadcasting in July 1974, initially presented by James Whale, then followed by Alan Beswick, Tony Crosby and Dave Porter, before Robson took over in 1983.
Alan Robson's Night Owls became one of Britain’s most popular commercial radio shows., winning Robson a gold New York Radio Award for Best Radio Personality in a local market in 2019.
Night Owls aired for the final time on Metro Radio and TFM on 27 June 2019 with a specially extended highlights show. Robson will continue with station owners Bauer as host of a weekly Sunday night version of Night Owls on sister station Greatest Hits North East from August 2019.
He contributes to Scariest Places on Earth, which is broadcast across parts of the U.S. by ABC. While making the show, he broadcasts his radio show from the haunted locations. He has also appeared on dozens of hit TV shows as an expert on the paranormal, including Larry King Live and appeared in the BBC One documentary series Trouble in Store.
Mars One Mission
Alan has been selected to be part of the second phase of the Mars One mission. He is due to depart in 2021 however the dates for the first launch are pushed back on a regular basis with some suggestion Bauer Media could be behind the delays. Alan will broadcast from the Red Planet on Sunesday, a new day created due to the longer annual calendar on Mars. While it will be Sunesday on Mars it will be Monday morning in Seaton Sluice. The shows will be released on a podcast, another universe first for Robson. He can still be contacted on the 0191 4883188 number despite being on Mars. 
Alan Robson has written or compiled six books:
- Simply The Best: Geordie Jokes and Stories
- Grisly Trails and Ghostly Tales
- Nightmare on Your Street: More Grisly Trails and Ghostly Tales
- Trimmings from the Triffid's Beard
- The Lives and Loves of a Night Owl
- Flying The Owl Into The Stars - My Journey To Mars (Due early 2020)
His first five books were published between the years 1992 and 1994. The Lives and Loves of a Night Owl is his autobiography.
He is also the editor of one book by the author Wayne Schreiber (Arise A Hero) published in 2011.
- Alan embraces the spirit of the radio. Journal Live, Feb 16 2008 by Hannah Davies, The Journal.
- Alan Robson's last show on Metro Radio and TFM, Metro Radio, 27 June 2019
- New York Radio Award 2018
- Winners announced for New York Radio Awards, RadioToday, 27 June 2019
- Metro Radio’s Night Owls extends to TFM Radio Today, 6 October 2012
- Night Owls on Metro Radio to end, Sonia Sharma, The Chronicle, 14 June 2019
- Night Owls and Alan Robson move to Greatest Hits Radio, RadioToday, 27 June 2019