|Residence||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Board member of||Malaysian Hairdressing Association, Vice President|
At the age of 15, Nico worked as a shampoo boy at a local hair salon called Hotheads Salon and then picked up basic hairstyling skills.
In 1980, when Nico was 20 years old, he took over the business at Hotheads Salon. He also financially supported himself through part-time modeling to pursue formal hairstyling education in Hong Kong.
Nico conducted various hairstyling seminars and was invited to be one of the judges at international hairstyling competitions that were held locally and globally. His exposures include demonstrating hairstyling at hairdressing events globally.
He is also one of the L’Oreal Professionel Artistic Ambassadors.
Nico received the Estetica Cover Award 2000 by Estetica Magazine in Italy. In year 2008, Hotheads salon rebrand to Albert Nico Boutique Salon, located in Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang. His work has been published in Vogue Italia.
In 2012, Nico issued a self-published book, When Dreams Come Alive, containing his memoirs, famous quotes, testimonials, and photographs. The book has a foreword by Datuk Dr. Paddy Bowie.
In 2009, Nico provided haircuts at the Seri Setia Old Folks Home, together with the rest of his trainees. Nico also collaborated with his friends to include a manicure and pedicure sessions for the elderly too. Nico also participated in the 'Hairdressers Against Aids' campaign by L'Oreal.
- "Charming Cheong Sam" Choo, Kiki. January 22, 2012. The Star, News. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Former Miss Malaysia Wong & DIY Bride Wong Sze Zen Ties the Knot" Chai, Stephanie. August 10, 2010. Wedding Guide Asia. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Innovative Hair Trends by Hotheads Salon is presented on Bernard Chandran Couture Special Collection Release" Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Staying a Cut Above" Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Dressing Up Hair with Flair" Loh, Peggy. New Straits Times. August 14, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "New colour meets new talent" Low, Sandra. July 22, 2010. The Star, Lifestyle. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "A French affair at award show" TAN, KARR WEI. July 15, 2008. The Star, Metro. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Coiffed to Perfection" Fernandez, Charles. July 17, 2009. The Star, Metro. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Celeb hairstylist Albert Nico launches book". Red Carpet Media. Retrieved September 6, 2012.
- "A little cheer for old folk" TAN, KARR WEI. April 2, 2009. The Star, Metro. Retrieved September 7, 2012
- "Professional hairdressers snip and style for a good cause" Aziz, FAZLEENA. November 29, 2011. The Star, News. Retrieved September 7, 2012
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|