Albert Oakland Park
|Albert Oakland Park|
|Area||81.5 acres (330,000 m2)|
|Operated by||Columbia Parks and Recreation|
The southern 20 acres (81,000 m2) of the park was donated to the City of Columbia in 1964 and is known as the C.M. Albert Memorial Park.
Activities in the park
- Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center
- Reservable Shelters - three total with drinking fountains, power outlets, BBQ grills, and restroom access.
- Baseball/Softball fields - two
- Basketball court - one
- Disc Golf course - two
- Playgrounds - two
- Soccer fields - two
- Tennis courts - three
- Sand Volleyball courts - two
Several trails wind through the park:
- Bear Creek Trail - (4.8 miles). This limestone gravel trail runs along Bear Creek and connects the park to the 533-acre (2,160,000 m2) Columbia Cosmopolitan Recreation Area.
- Fitness Trail - (1 Mile). A hard surface trail with eighteen exercise stations.