Albrecht Wellmer, 2014
9 July 1933|
|Died||13 September 2018(aged 85)|
He studied maths and physics at Berlin and Kiel, then philosophy and sociology at Heidelberg and Frankfurt. He was an assistant to Jürgen Habermas at the University of Frankfurt from 1966 to 1970. He has held Professorships at the Universität Konstanz, the New School for Social Research and at the Freie Universität Berlin. He has held guest Professorships at Haverford, Stony Brooke, Collège International de Philosophie, the New School of Social Research and the University of Amsterdam.
In 2006 he received the Theodor W. Adorno Award, a prestigious award for achievement in philosophy, theatre, music, and film.
- Albrecht Wellmer, Erbe der Frankfurter Schule (in German)
- List of works by Albrecht Wellmer at the Open Library
- Albrecht Wellmer's Homepage
- List of articles by Albrecht Wellmer at PhilPapers
- Article by Albrecht Wellmer on Richard Rorty: 'Rereading Rorty', Krisis, 2008, 2
- Albrecht Wellmer – Adorno and the Difficulties of a Critical Reconstruction of the Historical Present - free MP3 audio recording of Wellmer from November 2009