Didier Swysen, alias Alcante
November 21, 1970
Alcante has studied economic sciences and worked in academic research, when he won a comics writing contest of publisher Dupuis in 1995. The winning story was published in Spirou magazine. It took another seven years before he regularly began to publish short stories there. Pandora Box is his first series. He is the younger brother of comics creator Bernard Swysen.
- Pandora Box, Dupuis, 8 volumes, 2005–2006, with seven different artists: Didier Pagot, Vujadin Radovanović, Steven Dupré, Roland Pignault, Erik Juszezak, Alain Henriet, and Damour. The first three volumes have been translated in English by Cinebook Ltd as Pandora's Box in 2008 and 2009.
- Jason Brice, Dupuis, 3 volumes, 2008–2010, art by Milan Jovanović
- Quelques jours ensemble, Dupuis,1 volume, 2008, art by Fanny Montgermont
- Rani, Dargaud, 1 volume, 2009, synopsis by Jean Van Hamme, art by Francis Vallès
- Bernard, Jean-Philippe (12 November 2009). ""Rani" dans les griffes du maître" (in French). Switzerland: Le Matin.ch. Archived from the original on 18 January 2010. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "XIII, la voie des spin-off : Alcante et François Boucq exploreront le passé du Colonel Amos" (in French). Actua BD. 20 June 2008. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- Anspach, Nicolas (4 January 2010). "Alcante (Rani, Jason Brice) : "Je n'ai pas hésité une seule seconde à adapter en BD une histoire de Jean Van Hamme"" (in French). ActuaBD. Retrieved 4 March 2010.