|Born||Alexander Anthony J. Mango
16 March 1911
Paddington, London, England, UK
|Died||November 1, 1989
Westminster, London, England, UK
Alec Mango (16 March 1911 – November 1989) was an English actor. He is best known for portraying El Supremo in the 1951 Captain Horatio Hornblower, he also appeared in South of Algiers (1953), The Strange World of Planet X (1958), The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Danger Man (1961), and Frankenstein Created Woman (1967).
- Fiddlers Three (1944) - Secretary (uncredited)
- Snowbound (1948) - Italian Girl's Boyfriend (uncredited)
- Captain Horatio Hornblower (1951) - El Supremo
- His Excellency (1952) - Jackie
- South of Algiers (1953) - Mahmoud
- They Who Dare (1954) - Patroklis
- Up to His Neck (1954) - Bandit General
- Mask of Dust (1954) - Guido Rosetti
- Lust for Life (1956) - Dr. Rey (uncredited)
- Zarak (1956) - Akbar (merchant)
- Interpol (1957) - Salko
- The Shiralee (1957) - Papadoulos
- The Strange World of Planet X (1958) - Dr. Laird
- The Man Inside (1958) - Lopez
- The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958) - Caliph
- The Angry Hills (1959) - Phillibos
- The 3 Worlds of Gulliver (1960) - Minister of Lilliput
- A Story of David (1961) - Kudruh
- We Shall See (1964) - Ludo
- Khartoum (1966) - Bordeini Bey (uncredited)
- Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) - Spokesman
- Some May Live (1967) - Ducrai
- Steptoe and Son (1972) - Hotel Doctor
- The Playbirds (1978) - Ransome
- Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair (1979) - Pembleton
- Lion of the Desert (1980)
- Gothic (1986) - Murray (final film role)
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). "The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition". Oxford University Press – via Google Books.
- "Alec Mango - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Alec Mango".
- "Alec Mango". www.aveleyman.com.
|This article about an English film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|