|Date of birth||15 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Crotone, Italy|
|2009–2010||→ Bellaria (loan)||25||(4)|
|2011–2012||→ Viareggio (loan)||9||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Arzanese (loan)||32||(4)|
|2013–2014||→ Chieti (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Alessandro Elia (born 15 February 1990) is an Italian footballer.
Elia began his career on youth side for Parma F.C. and won with the team the Cup of the Alps, an international Youth Tournament and was named as MVP of the Tournament. However the reserve team failed to enter the playoffs round (round of 16) of 2008–09 Campionato Nazionale Primavera – the reserve league.
On 1 February 2010 Bologna F.C. yielded in co-ownership to Parma the half property of the forward and Parma F.C. saved in return of the deal the rights on Bologna's offensive midfielder Riccardo Pasi. Half of the registration rights both tagged for an aggressive price of €1 million. Both clubs also received a paper profit on selling players for nearly €2 million (but counter-weight by VAT), in terms of contract value of the new signing (€2M; Elia for Bologna and Pasi for Parma). Elia returned to Bellaria – Igea Marina in for the rest of 2009–10 Lega Pro Seconda Divisione.
Elia became a financial burden of Bologna in 2010–11 Serie A season. He failed to play any game but the club had to book about €450,000 in 2010–11 season as amortization for the transfer fee. (€2 million over contract length 4 years and 5 months) as worse as wage.
Return to Parma
On 24 June 2011, he was bought back by Parma; co-currently Pasi returned to Bologna. Elia was valued an aggressive price of €1.5 million [nb 1] While Pasi's 50% rights was valued an aggressive price of €1.6 million [nb 2]. In June Parma also bought Francesco Valiani outright for €2.8 million and co-currently sold Andrea Pisanu outright for €2.5 million. The four deals made Bologna received €200,000 in net. The swap deal made Bologna had a selling profit of about €1.6 million for Elia and about €1.7 million for Pasi in 2010–11 financial year, but majority in terms of increase in intangible asset (New value of Pasi and Elia in accounting, €3.2M and €3M respectively) Yet Elia became a financial burden of Parma. Elia signed a 3-year contract with Parma and Parma had to book €1 million in 2011–12 season (and next 2 seasons) as amortization, increased from Pasi's ~€450,000. In July 2011 Elia left for Viareggio (of third division) in temporary deal and on 31 January 2012 left for fourth division club Arzanese. On 26 July 2012 the temporary deal was renewed.
On 2 September 2013 he was signed by Chieti. However he only played once. On 2 January 2014 he played a friendly for Cuneo. Chieti announced the left of Elia on 10 January. The paper work of his return to Parma from Chieti was completed on 17 January. However Elia did not completed his move to Cuneo.
- It made Parma received a financial income of €500,000 as its retained half was increased to €1.5 million but co-currently a financial cost for Bologna as it cannot capture the €500,000 profit.
- It made Parma a financial cost of €600,000 and financial income to Bologna
- Der italienische Verein Parma FC gewann das Internationale Juniorenturnier um den CUP OF THE ALPS[dead link]
- Scambio di compartecipazioni col Parma[dead link]
- "Bilancio intermedio al 31 dicembre 2010: Nota integrativa: parte 1" (PDF). Bologna FC 1909 (in Italian). 4 April 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Bilancio intermedio al 31 dicembre 2010: Nota integrativa: parte 2" (PDF). Bologna FC 1909 (in Italian). 4 April 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Movimenti di mercato e compartecipazioni" [Market movements and co-ownerships]. Parma F.C. fcparma.com. 24 June 2011. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- Bologna FC 1909 Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (Italian)
- Parma FC Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (Italian)
- "Arzanese, presi due giovani attaccanti" (in Italian). US Arzanese. 31 January 2012. Archived from the original on 12 June 2012. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Comunicato N°7 (2012–13)" (PDF) (in Italian). 26 July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Juventus – Cuneo: un buon test amichevole" (in Italian). AC Cuneo 1905. 2 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Calciomercato/ufficiale: tesserati Quacquarelli e il giovane portiere Endrew Fanini" (in Italian). Chieti Calcio. 10 January 2014. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.