Aleutian wild cattle
Aleutian wild cattle are feral wild cattle found on the Alaskan Aleutian islands. Several attempts have been made to round up these cattle for ranching. In 1985–6 the cattle on the Shumagin Islands were eliminated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, but they still remained on Umnak Island and Chirikof Island
- "New Cattle Ranch in Aleutians Will Round Up the Wild Herds". The New York Times. 1929-01-20. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Ranching the Aleutians". Alaska Business Monthly. 1999-04-01. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "U.S. Will Resume Killing Cattle on 3 Aleutian Refuge Islands". Associated Press. 1985-09-15. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Native Corporation: Fish and Wildlife Service Not Welcome". Anchorage Daily News. 1986-10-31. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Alaska Isle a Corral for Feral Cattle Herd; U.S. Wants to Trade Cows for Birds". The Washington Post. 2005-10-23. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
|This cattle-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|