|Date of birth||6 May 1992|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2013 – 2014||Brechin City||12||(0)|
|2015||Bradford Park Avenue||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 July 2014.
Pursehouse left Tranmere Rovers to join Scottish side Kilmarnock. He made his first-team debut for Kilmarnock on 8 May 2011 as a substitute in a 2-0 Scottish Premier League defeat against Celtic. In 2011/12 season on 10 September 2011, Pursehouse made his first start and played 90 minutes at right back as Kilmarnock beat Dunfermline Athletic 3-2. After making his first start for Kilmarnock, Pursehouse said: "My priority is to make sure I'm solid as a defender but the gaffer encourages his full-backs to push on. That's enjoyable as you get the attacking side as well. It's the best of both worlds."
He went on to make a few rare appearances with the Kilmarnock squad under manager Kenny Shiels. In December 2011, Sky Sports reported that the club were set to give Pursehouse a new long-term contract. After 5 months of negotiation, Pursehouse was handed a new three-year deal on 2 April 2012. However, he was absolutely mince and was advised to pursue regular first team football elsewhere before the transfer deadline in February 2013. Pursehouse says playing in Celtic Park was an Amazing atmosphere after being asked " the best ground you have played at".
After leaving Brechin City, Pursehouse moved back to England to join Worksop Town, club based in the Northern Premier League Premier Division. He later cited in the interview that joining the club to have a "Good opportunity to play first team footbal"
Bradford Park Avenue A.F.C.
Signed for Bradford Park Avenue A.F.C. for free on 11 Feb 2015.
Joined Matlock town on 21 June 2016 on a free transfer.
While growing up, Pursehouse supported Sheffield Wednesday. He featured on Channel 4 television show Posh Pawnbrokers (broadcast 8 May 2015), selling two Krugerrands given to him by his great uncle to London Road Pawnbrokers in Sheffield for £1,550.
- Baz, Allan (9 May 2011). "www.killiefc.com...Player Profile....Alex Pursehouse". Killie FC.
- McDaid, David (9 May 2011). "Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Celtic". BBC News.
- "Killie to deal in starlet". Sky Sports. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Killie deal in full-back". Sky Sports. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Alex Pursehouse leaves the club". kilmarnockfc.co.uk. Kilmarnock F.C. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Player Interview – Alex Pursehouse". Worksop Town Official Website. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Brechin City prepare for new season". Brechin Advertiser. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Final touches to the squadFinal touches to the squad". Worksop Town Official Website. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Posh Pawnbrokers". Channel4.com. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alex Pursehouse.|