Dr Alex Wodak speaking on "What comes after drug prohibition?" at the 2014 Australian Skeptics Convention.
Alexander David Wodak
Wodak is a notable advocate of drug reform laws. Wodak helped establish the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, the NSW Users AIDS Association, and the Australian Society of HIV Medicine. Wodak is President of the Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation and was President of the International Harm Reduction Association. Wodak also helped open Australia's first needle exchange programme and the first medically supervised injecting centre in Kings Cross.
A portrait of him by artist Nick Mourtzakis was a 2009 Archibald Prize finalist. In the 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours, he was made a Member of the Order of Australia for "service to medicine and public health, particularly in the area of drug and alcohol dependency treatment, through legislative reform, and to medical education".
- "St Vincent's hospital, Alex Wodak - svh.stvincents.com.au". Exwwwsvh.stvincents.com.au. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Interview with Dr Alex Wodak | Human Rights in Australia". Right Now. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Experts will have their say at forum - and so can you". Smh.com.au. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Shaping the Future". Australia 21. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Finalists in the 2009 Archibald Prize". ABC News. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "The Queen's Birthday 2010 honours list: Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia (M–Z)" (PDF). Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 23 April 2018.