|Born||1972 (age 46–47)|
|Occupation||Video game writer, designer|
|Notable works||Fallen London|
Dragon Age: The Last Court
In 2009, Kennedy developed the browser game Fallen London and founded Failbetter Games. Failbetter initially focused on browser-based interactive fiction, chiefly Fallen London but also client projects; under Kennedy's direction, the company later refocused on narrative-centric PC and mobile games, starting with Sunless Sea and an iOS port of Fallen London. Early in 2016, Kennedy opened Fundbetter, an initiative at Failbetter to fund promising narrative games and interactive fiction projects. As of May 2016, Fundbetter had announced five funded projects.
In June 2016, Kennedy split from Failbetter, citing a desire to work on a greater variety of projects. He currently operates a microstudio, Weather Factory.
In August 2016, Kennedy began work on a piece of standalone DLC for Paradox' Stellaris. In December 2016, the DLC was announced as an 'interactive cosmic horror novelette' called 'Horizon Signal', and released with the codename 'Kennedy' Stellaris patch. In September, Kennedy announced that he is working with the Dragon Age team in BioWare for an unannounced project as a freelance writer. Immediately before beginning work with BioWare, Kennedy released an alpha version of an experimental game, Cultist Simulator. Cultist Simulator's Kickstarter was funded in twelve hours, and was released on 31 May 2018.
- Fallen London, 2009 (original developer, lead writer) Best Browser Game, Escapist, 2009
- Machine Cares!, 2012 (creative director)
- Dragon Age: The Last Court, 2014 (creative director)
- Sunless Sea, 2015 (creative director, lead writer) Bestest Best Words in Gaming, Rock Paper Shotgun, 2015; Best Setting, XYZZY Awards, 2016; nominated for Best Writing in a Videogame, Writer's Guild of Great Britain, 2016
- Cultist Simulator, 2018 (design, writing, coding)
- Cassandra Khaw, "FailBetter Games' Alexis Kennedy is trying to make browser games that don't suck", PCWorld, October 9, 2012. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- Charlie Hall, "Sunless Sea developer opens international fund, mentorship for interactive fiction", Polygon, March 2, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- Brendan Sinclair, "Alexis Kennedy leaving Failbetter Games", GameIndustry.biz, May 25, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Sunless Sea's Former Lead Now Writing For Stellaris". Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Phillips, Tom (September 12, 2016). "Sunless Sea writer signs up for BioWare project". Eurogamer. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Apocalypse and Yearning". July 12, 2017. Retrieved July 12, 2017.