Professor Alfred Kröner (8 September 1939 in Kassel, Germany ) is a retired Professor of Geology at Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz in Mainz, Germany. He specializes in the pre-Cambrian geology of Africa.
celebrated with a symposium in Mainz. It was here at the Johannes Gutenberg-University that Alfred was appointed full Professor of Geology in 1977. Since then ... he continues to conduct his activities over several continents as a truly cosmopolitan geoscientist of overwhelming efficiency, recognized and appreciated worldwide in the Geoscience community.
- Late Precambrian formations in the western Richtersveld, Northern Cape Province by A Kröner [Cape Town] : Precambrian Research Unit, University of Cape Town, 1974. ISBN 0-7992-0116-2
- Precambrian plate tectonics by A Kröner. Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier Scientific Pub. Co. ; New York : Elsevier North-Holland [distributor], 1981. ISBN 0-444-41910-1
- Field Geology of High-Grade Gneiss Terrains : C. W. Passchier, Myers, JS, and Kroner, A. Springer-Verlag, 1990, (ISBN 3-540-53053-3).
- Precambrian tectonics illustrated by Alfred Kröner; Reinhard Greiling; International Union of Geological Sciences. Stuttgart : Schweizerbart, 1984. ISBN 3-510-65118-9, ISBN 978-3-510-65118-4
- Archaean Geochemistry: The Origin and Evolution of the Archaean Continental Crust GN Hanson, AM Goodwin, A Kröner - 1984
- Geology of Northeast Africa H Schandelmeier, RJ Stern, A Kröner - 1994 - Springer International
- American Journal of Science, Dec. 2001 PDF
|This article about a German scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|