|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Albert Joseph Piantadosi|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California|
Alfred Music is a music publishing company. Founded in New York in 1922, it is headquartered in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California, with additional branches in Miami, New York, Nashville, Australia, Germany, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
The company was founded in New York by composer and musician Albert Joseph Piantadosi in 1922 and purchased in 1928 by violinist Samuel Manus (1883–1948). When clarinetist and pianist Morty Manus (né Morton Manus; 1926–2016) began working for his father's company in the 1950s, he began focusing company efforts on the education market. In 1975, the firm moved to larger offices in Los Angeles. In 1980, with growing sales, the company went international.
Alfred Music was acquired by Peaksware Holdings, LLC. Ron Manus, of Alfred Music, will remain with Alfred in a new role as chief business development officer, reporting to CEO Gear Fisher.
Behind the Player
- Ferrisi, Dan (29 May 2012). "Ron Manus • CEO, Alfred Music Publishing". The Music & Sound Retailer. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Alfred to purchase Warner Bros. Publications," American Music Teacher, April–May 2005
- "Our History". Alfred Music. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "George Lynch: 'Behind The Player' Dvd Available". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- Alfred Publishing
- NAMM Oral History Interview with Morton and Iris ManusApril 25, 2003
- NAMM Oral History Interview with Ron ManusSeptember 3, 2014
|This article about a music industry company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|