Ali Massoud Ansari
Ali Ansari speaking to Fox News about Iran
Ali Massoud Ansari
24 November 1967
|Alma mater||University College London|
King's College London
School of Oriental and African Studies
|Institutions||University of St Andrews|
|Thesis||Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi & the myth of imperial authority (1998)|
Ali Massoud Ansari (Persian: علی مسعود انصاری, born 24 November 1967 in Rome) is the Professor in Modern History with reference to the Middle East at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, where he is also the founding director of the Institute for Iranian Studies.
Education and career
Ansari was educated at Col.Brown Cambridge School Dehara Dun, University College London (BA), King's College London (MA), and obtained his PhD from the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS).
He is also an Associate Fellow at Chatham House and sits on the Governing Council of the British Institute of Persian Studies (BIPS). He is a regular speaker at conferences and events regarding Iran, including "Iran's New Parliament" at the New America Foundation. His work appears in The Guardian, The Independent, and the New Statesman, among other publications.
- Iran, Islam and Democracy: the Politics of Managing Change (2000)
- Modern Iran Since 1921: the Pahlavis and After (2003)
- Confronting Iran: The Failure of American Foreign Policy and the Roots of Mistrust (2006)
- Iran Under Ahmadinejad (2008)
- The Politics of Nationalism in Modern Iran (2012)
- Iran: A Very Short Introduction (2014)
- Iran’s Constitutional Revolution of 1906 and Narratives of the Enlightenment (2016)
- Iran, Islam and Democracy: The Politics of Managing Change, 3rd Edition (2019)
- "Sixth Biennial Conference of Iranian Studies". Iran Heritage Foundation. Archived from the original on 2007-07-01. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- "Iran's New Parliament". New America Foundation. Archived from the original on 17 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (January 30, 2007). "Only the US hawks can save the Iranian president now". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (15 January 2006). "They are marching as to war". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (4 September 2006). "Dictators: Reform and the mullahs". New Statesman. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-01-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)