Alistair Brown (footballer, born 1985)
|Full name||Alistair Brown|
|Date of birth||12 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2003||→ Cowdenbeath (loan)||0||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Raith Rovers (loan)||35||(0)|
|2006||→ Ayr United (loan)||0||(0)|
|2007||→ Ayr United (loan)||4||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Stenhousemuir (loan)||24||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 March 2013.
Alistair Brown (born 12 December 1985 in Irvine, North Ayrshire) is a Scottish football goalkeeper. Brown has previously played for Hibernian, Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers, Stenhousemuir, Forfar Athletic and Ayr United.
Brown started his career at Hibernian, where he was frequently selected as the substitute goalkeeper, but rarely played. In fact, he only played in part of one Scottish Premier League match, coming on as a substitute for Simon Brown in a 2–1 win against Dunfermline on 18 December 2004. He didn't play in another first team match for Hibernian, despite being contracted with the club until 2008.
He spent most of the rest of his time with the club out on loan at various Scottish Football League clubs, including Ayr United and Raith Rovers. Brown initially joined Stenhousemuir on loan in October 2007. He then returned to Ochilview on loan in February 2008, having returned to Hibernian the previous month.
Brown signed for Forfar Athletic in the summer of 2008 on a free transfer. During his first season at Station Park, Brown played in a Scottish Cup tie against Rangers, where he came up against childhood contemporary Kris Boyd. Brown left Forfar at the end of the 2009–10 season, when he signed a one-year deal with Stenhousemuir.
- Ally Brown, Forfar Athletic FC.
- "Ally's a hit but won't be craving Christmas No.1". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Press. 21 December 2004.
- "Brown joins Ayr on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 2 December 2006.
- "KEEP US IN THE CUP". Ayrshire Post. 6 December 2006.
- "Coughlin makes double signing". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 October 2007.
- "Hibs eye Swede". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Press. 7 February 2008.
- "I want to get one over on pal Kris Boyd, says Forfar keeper Ally Brown". Daily Record. 6 February 2009.
- "New Signings". Stenhousemuir FC. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Scottish Division Two ins and outs". BBC Sport. BBC. 7 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
|This biographical article related to a Scottish football goalkeeper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|