This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Alternative metal, alternative rock|
|Years active||2003 – present|
|Labels||Gun Records/Sony BMG|
|Associated acts||In Flames, Embraced|
Tinna Karlsdotter |
Emma Gelotte |
All Ends is an alternative metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden, founded in 2003. It started as a side project of the In Flames guitarists Björn Gelotte and Jesper Strömblad, but currently they are no longer playing with All Ends.
With the initial line-up of Jesper Strömblad and Björn Gelotte handling guitars, Emma Gelotte and Tinna Karlsdotter doing vocals, and Joseph Skansås playing drums, they recorded a 5-song demo. The demo was recorded at Studio Fredman and produced by Fredrik Nordström and Patrick J. Sten.
In the spring of 2005, Michael Håkansson took over bass duties and Fredrik Johansson (ex-Dimension Zero and guest lead guitarist on "December Flower" from the album The Jester Race by In Flames) took over guitar duties. There is a common misunderstanding with Fredrik based on a shared name with ex-rhythm guitarist of Dark Tranquillity, Fredrik Johansson, usually having either men incorrectly being credited to each of their own bands.
In August 2005, Peter Mårdklint joined the band as the second guitarist.
A notable feature of All Ends is the duet vocals provided by the two female singers in the band, Emma Gelotte and Tinna Karlsdotter, against a background of heavy melodies.
All Ends signed a worldwide contract with Gun Records, a division of Sony BMG Music Entertainment. On May 11, 2007, they released their debut EP, Wasting Life, the new line-up also rerecorded the 5 demo songs.
On November 7, 2007, they released their self-titled debut album, which was later reissued with bonus tracks on September 2008.
All Ends also performed in the annual Sweden Rock Festival throughout its length, June 6–9, 2007.
On March 3, 2009, videogame company Sega released Sonic and the Black Knight. The game features a vocal song for the final boss battle called "With Me" which features vocals by Emma Gelotte, Tinna Karlsdotter, and Johnny Gioeli of Crush 40. The song (as well as its instrumental version) was released on the CD release, "Face To Faith", a compilation of all the vocal songs from Sonic and the Black Knight.
On March 17, 2009, vocalist Emma Gelotte quit the band because of personal reasons. Swedish singer Jonna Sailon joined the band as the replacement vocalist.
News on their second album has started up on All Ends' MySpace page as of October 23, 2009. They state they've completed the pre-production phase of their album and even have a new producer. Roberto Laghi, who previously helped In Flames record one of their albums, is helping All Ends with their second. It is also stated on their MySpace page that they were looking to release their album in 2010.
- Tinna Karlsdotter – vocals
- Jonna Sailon – vocals
- Fredrik Johansson – guitars
- Peter Mårdklint – guitars
- Joseph Skansås – drums
- Anders Janfalk – bass
- Björn Gelotte – Song writing (formerly guitars)
- Jesper Strömblad – Song writing (formerly guitars)
- 12.06.08 Västerås @ Vattendrag
- 13.06.08 Hultsfred @ Hultsfredsfestivalen
- 30.06–05.07.08 Sundsvall @ Sundsvalls Gatufest
- 04.07.08 Arvika @ Arvikafestivalen
- 12.07.08 Kristianstad @ Tivolirocken
- 31.07–02.08.08 Östersund @ Storsjöyran
- 14.08.08 Dinkelsbühl @ Summerbreeze Festival (Germany)
- 15-16.08.08 Linköping @ Nykvarnfestivalen
- 21-23.08.08 Norrköping @ Augustifesten
- 29-30.08.08 Rejmyre @ Skogsröjet
- 19.10.08 Saitama Super Arena @ Loud Park 2008 (Japan)
- 04.03.09 Club Quattro @ Osaka(Japan) as the special guest for Edguy
- 05.03.09 Shibuya O-EAST @ Tokyo(Japan) as the special guest for Edguy
- 06.03.09 Shibuya O-EAST @ Tokyo(Japan) as the special guest for Edguy
All dates are for venues in Sweden, except as noted.
- Demo (2005)
- Wasting Life EP (11.05.2007)
- All Ends (7.11.2007)
- A Road To Depression (15.10.2010)
- Still Believe
- Wasting Life
- Walk Away
- Pretty Words
- What Do You Want
- Generation Disgrace
- Road To Depression
- "Introducing our producer / Pre-production is done.... - ALL ENDS's MySpace Blog". MySpace. October 23, 2009.
- "NEW RECORD 2010 - ALL ENDS's MySpace Blog". MySpace. September 14, 2009.
- "ALL ENDS reveal 2 song titles and a great guest musician!! - ALL ENDS's MySpace Blog". MySpace. January 11, 2010.
- Hartmann, Graham (November 23, 2016). "In Flames Play "Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction"". Loudwire. Retrieved November 23, 2016.