Alpena Public Schools
|Alpena Public Schools|
|Alpena and Presque Isle counties, Michigan
|Superintendent||Dr. John VanWagoner|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||Big North|
Alpena Public Schools is a Michigan school district encompassing all of Alpena County and, in Presque Isle County, all of Presque Isle Township and part of Krakow Township. APS covers more than 620 square miles (1,600 km2) and was officially established as Michigan's first county-wide school district in 1963.
- Alpena High School (website)
- Thunder Bay Junior High School (grades 6-8)
- ACES (Alternative Choices for Educational Success) Academy - alternative high school/adult high school
- Anna M. Besser Elementary School
- Ella M. White Elementary School
- Hinks Elementary School
- Lincoln Community School
- Sanborn Elementary School
- Wilson Elementary School
- Baldwin Elementary School - This school has been razed.
- Besser Junior High School - First opened in 1958 as an elementary school, until converted into a middle school in 1963. It closed at the end of the 1982-1983 due to budget cuts, but reopened in the 1986-1987 school year as an elementary school.
- Bingham Elementary School - Sold and later reopened in 2004 as Bingham Arts Academy, a charter school.
- Central Junior High School - This short-lived seventh-grade-only school used the former Catholic Central High School campus.
- Gordon Consolidated School - Facility is now used as the district's administrative offices, sharing the space with NEMCSA offices.
- Hubbard Lake Elementary School - Closed due to declining enrollment at the end of the 2002-2003 school year.
- Long Rapids Elementary School - Closed due to declining enrollment at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
- Maple Ridge Elementary School - Closed due to declining enrollment at the end of the 2002-2003 school year.
- McPhee Elementary School - This school has been razed.
- Sunset Elementary School- Closed due to declining enrollment at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
- Town Hall Elementary School