From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up alternating in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alternating may refer to:
- Alternating algebra, an algebra in which odd-grade elements square to zero
- Alternating form, a function formula in algebra
- Alternating group, the group of even permutations of a finite set
- Alternating knot, a knot or link diagram for which the crossings alternate under, over, under, over, as one travels along each component of the link
- Alternating map, a multilinear map that is zero whenever any two of its arguments are equal
- Alternating operator, a multilinear map in algebra
- Alternating permutation, a type of permutation studied in combinatorics
- Alternating series, an infinite series in which the signs of the general terms alternate between positive and negative
- Alternating current, a flow of electric charge that periodically reverses direction
- Alternating turns, the process by which people in a conversation decide who is to speak next
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alternating.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.