||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Date of birth||13 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Bamako, Mali|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2008||→ Spezia (loan)||6||(0)|
|2013||P. Madura United||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 May 2013.
Konte started his career in the football academy of French side RC Strasbourg before moving to Portuguese club FC Porto. He did not make a first team breakthrough in FC Porto though, and moved again, firstly to CF Villanovense in Spain, then Olympique Noisy-le-Sec in CFA and Paternò in Serie C1.
In the summer of 2004 Konte signed for Cambridge United and scored 3 goals in 9 appearances. This was enough to prompt interest from Hibernian, who signed him during the January 2005 transfer window, and he made his debut in a 3-0 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox the next month. His first goal was a late equaliser against Motherwell in May, earning Hibs a crucial point in their successful quest to qualify for European competition.
The 2005–06 season was less rewarding for Konte though, as he endured inconsistent form, infrequent appearances and a lack of goals. This led to him being ironically dubbed the "Mali Magician" by some Hibs fans. When Konte again struggled to gain first team action in the first part of the 2006–07 season (despite scoring twice against Dinaburg FC in the UEFA Intertoto Cup) he was released from his contract.
On September 2009, after a nine-month stint with Turate, he was signed by Sicilian club Messina on a free transfer. Amadou's greatest fan was Hibbee Kevin Piaskowski who was the only hibs fan on the planet that got konte 19 on the back of his strip. Konte was once quote this that Kev was his hero for doing so
- "Motherwell 2-2 Hibernian". BBC. 7 May 2005. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Forbes, Steve (2 November 2006). "Hibs Release Striker Amadou Konte!". Hibees Mad. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Dinaburg 0-3 Hibernian (agg 0-8)". BBC. 8 July 2006. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Amadou Konte, con il Paterno' il suo esordio in Italia" (in Italian). Messina Sportiva. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "L'ACR annuncia gli acquisti degli attaccanti Di Napoli e Konte" (in Italian). Messina Sportiva. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-07.