Amaney Jamal (born December 30, 1970) is a professor in political science at Princeton University with a focus in Middle Eastern politics. Jamal earned her bachelor's degree in politics at UCLA in 1993, followed by her PhD. in political science from the University of Michigan. A Carnegie Scholar, Jamal specializes in democratization and civic engagement in the Arab world as well as Muslim and Arab civic engagement in the US. She currently directs the Workshop on Arab Political Development at Princeton University, is the principal investigator of the "Arab Barometer Project", which was awarded the Best Data set in the field of Comparative Politics in 2010, and is Senior Advisor on the PEW Research Center Projects focusing on Islam in America and Global Islam. Jamal has been interviewed on numerous programs throughout her career including MSNBC, Al Jazeera, and the Washington Post to discuss issues ranging from the Palestinian–Israeli conflict to politics of the Arab world at large.
- Amaney Jamal (2007). Barriers to Democracy: The Other Side of Social Capital in Palestine and the Arab World. Princeton, NJ: Princeton UP. (Winner of the Best Book Award in Comparative Democratization at the American Political Science Association in 2008)
- Amaney Jamal and Nadine Christine (2008). Race and Arab Americans before and after 9/11. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse UP.
- Amaney Jamal, Wayne Baker, Sally Howell, Ann Chih Lin, Andrew Shryock, Ron Stockton, Mark Tessler (2009). Citizenship and Crisis: Arab Detroit After 9/11. New York, NY: Russel Sage Foundation.
- Amaney Jamal (2012). Of Empires and Citizens: Pro-American Democracy or No Democracy at All? Princeton, NJ: Princeton UP.
- Amaney A Jamal, http://www.amaneyjamal.com/
- Carnegie Corporation Awards Jamal, The Daily Princetonian, http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2005/04/11/12589/.
- Profile: Amaney Jamal, http://carnegie.org/fileadmin/Media/Publications/scholars-AmaneyJamal.pdf Archived 2012-04-16 at the Wayback Machine..
- Arab Barometer Project, http://arabbarometer.org/about.html Archived 2008-04-27 at the Wayback Machine..
- "Jamal on the Palestinian Israeli Conflict", The Daily Princetonian, http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2011/11/23/29445/.
- Jamal Discusses the Iran Dilemma, The Melissa Harris-Perry show, MSNBC, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46620007#46620007.
- American Response to Obama's Cairo Address, Washington Post, http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/06/04/reaction_in_america_enthusiast.html.