|Genres||Bhangra, folk, duets|
|Associated acts||Sardool Sikander|
Amar Noorie (Punjabi: ਅਮਰ ਨੂਰੀ), also spelled as Amar Noori, is a Punjabi singer as well as actress from Punjab, India. She is married to Sardool Sikander, a noted Punjabi singer. They have two sons Sarang Sikander and Alaap Sikander who are singers/musicians and are introducing their debut work in the music industry in the near future[when?].
Early life and career
Noorie started professional singing at an early age when she was only 9 years old. Her father Roshan Sagar was a singer. She started singing with Punjabi singer Didar Sandhu in 1981, and made her first recording when she was only 13. In 1986, she met Sardool Sikander and they started singing together and later got married. Later she started acting and played lead and important roles in many Punjabi films. Her first acting break came in 1988 in a landmark TV series "Eho Hamara Jeevna", directed by Gurbir Singh Grewal (based on a novel of Dalip Kaur Tiwana).
Noorie acted in many Punjabi films and also worked as a playback singer for many of them. Here are some of her notable films:
- Badla Jatti Da (1991)
- Jorr Jatt Da (1991)
- Dil Da Maamla (1992)
- Panchayat (1996)
- Jang Da Maidan (1997)
- Jee Aayan Nu (2003).
- Dil Apna Punjabi (2006)
- Mel Karade Rabba (2010)
- Tere Ishq Nachaya (2010)
- Pata Nahi Rabb Kehdeyan Rangan Ch Raazi (2012)
- Daddy Cool Munde Fool (2013)
- "Sardool, Noorie attend Big FM’s anniversary celebrations". Patiala. The Tribune. August 25, 2008. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "Stars shine at Punjabi Film Festival". Amritsar. The Tribune. February 27, 2012. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- on YouTube
- "ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸੰਧੂ ਦੀ ਗਾਇਕੀ ਤੇ ਗੀਤਕਾਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਜਦਾ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ". In Punjabi. www.chetnashakti.net. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Amar Noorie on IMDb
- "Pata Nahi Rabb Kehdeyan Rangan Ch Raazi". www.cinemapunjabi.com. Retrieved 16 February 2012.