|Directed by||M. Jeevan|
|Produced by||S. A. Jalavudhin|
|Written by||M. Jeevan|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||Raja Mohammed|
Amara is a 2014 Tamil language film written, filmed and directed by M. Jeevan and produced by S.A. Jalavudhin under the banner of TKM Films. Starring Amaran, Sruthi Ramakrishnan, Ashish Vidyarthi in the lead roles, the film released on 28 February 2014.
- Amaran as Amara
- Sruthi Ramakrishnan as Thenmozhi
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Sethupathi
- Sampath Raj as Sakthivel
- Ganja Karuppu as Adaikkalam
- Livingston as Sebastian
- Mahanadi Shankar
The soundtrack is composed by D. Imman.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|D. Imman chronology|
All lyrics written by M. Jeevan.
|1.||"Simmakallu"||Sirkazhi G. Sivachidambaram, Chinmayi||4:51|
|2.||"Theeyum Theeyum"||Naresh Iyer, Richard||5:01|
|3.||"Koorapodava Katti"||Jayaraj, Priya Himesh||4:15|
|4.||"Ennanmo Nadakkude"||Haricharan, Ramya NSK||5:12|
|5.||"Athamagalayam"||M. L. R. Karthikeyan, Velmurugan, Chinnaponnu, "Madurai" S. Saroja||5:01|
|6.||"Theeyum Theeyum (Karaoke)"||5:01|
|7.||"Ennanmo Nadakkude (Karaoke)"||5:12|
The Times of India gave the film 1.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Director Jeevan has tried hard to come up with a story that hasn't been told on screen before...Unfortunately for him, his twists aren't backed enough by logical sequences, thereby making the film and its story totally unconvincing" and further stated, "Amara...comes across as a tiresome affair". The New Indian Express wrote, "a meandering screenplay and insipid narration ensures that the film is a tiring, monotonous experience...With nothing going for it, ‘Amara’ is a wasted effort".
- "Four Tamil Releases this Weekend - The New Indian Express". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Audio Beat: Amara - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Friday Fury- February 28". sify.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Amara movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Rambling Screenplay, Insipid Narration, too Many Dream Songs - The New Indian Express". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|