Ambrosius Eßer OP (born Klaus Eßer, also spelled Eszer, or Esser, 19 November 1933, Düsseldorf – 12 April 2010, Berlin) was a German church historian and member of the Dominican Order. He died of a pulmonary embolism.
Eszer served for many years as professor at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, Angelicum in Rome, Italy.
- Germany 1987: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Austria 1996: Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class
- Austria 2008: Grand Decoration of Honour in Silver for Services to the Republic of Austria
- Vatican City 2008: Medal Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice
- "Reply to a parliamentary question about the Decoration of Honour" (pdf) (in German). p. 1057. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Reply to a parliamentary question about the Decoration of Honour" (pdf) (in German). p. 1872. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
|This article about a German historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|