Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Anne E. Kazak|
American Psychological Association (United States)
American Psychologist is the official peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Psychological Association. The journal publishes timely high-impact articles of broad interest. Papers include empirical reports and scholarly reviews covering science, practice, education, and policy.
The current editor-in-chief is Anne E. Kazak, PhD, ABPP.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal has published several special issues with content especially pertinent to the current events of the time. Some of the special issues include:
- Aging in America (May–June 2016)
- School Bullying and Victimization (May–June 2015)
- Cancer and Psychology (February–March 2015)
- Peace Psychology (October 2013)
- 9/11 Ten Years Later (September, 2011)
- Psychology and Global Climate Change (May–June, 2011)
- Developmental Psychology
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology
- Journal of Experimental Psychology
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Kazak, A.E. (2016). "Opening Editorial 2016: Changes in scope and structure.". American Psychologist 71 (1): 1–2. doi:10.1037/a0039995.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Psychology, Multidisciplinary". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "American Psychologist". American Psychological Association. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-09.