American Student Government Association
|W.H. "Butch" Oxendine, Jr.|
ASGA's research and experts  have been referenced in hundreds of newspapers nationwide. " ASGA's "SG Database" gathers information on trends in higher education, including the number of women and ethnic minorities, as well as trends in election turnout, and compensation paid to elected student government officers and members 
ASGA has over 1,400 member student governments at the nearly 5,000 institutions across the United States.
Since 2005, ASGA has produced 120 conferences for student government leaders and advisors. 3,000 students and administrators attend 10 ASGA conferences each year. 700 student leaders attend the National Student Government Summit annually.
The American Student Government Association will provide all Student Government leaders and advisors nationwide with networking, research, and information resources and will teach them how to become more effective, ethical, and influential leaders on their campuses. ASGA also will promote the advancement of SGs, conduct research as the nation’s only “SG Think Tank,” and advocate the importance of having a vibrant, autonomous Student Government organization at every institution in America.
- American Student Government Association. ASGA is the professional association for collegiate Student Government across the United States.
- Student Leader magazine. Founded in 1992, Student Leader was ASGA's official member magazine, but also had subscribers at more than 1,000 colleges and universities nationwide.
- "Butch Oxendine: Books". Amazon.com. February 25, 2002. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Student Government pairs up with the ASGA". Muhlenberg Weekly. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- raquel sghiatti · Daily Trojan (April 3, 2011). "Despite national trend, women well represented in USC student government". Dailytrojan.com. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Are you represented?". Usishield.com. February 9, 2012. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "contact us" at www.asgaonline.com under press clippings and also from Google search of ASGA and American Student Government Association
- Jenna Johnson (March 16, 2011). "On college campuses, a gender gap in student government". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Pappano, Laura (February 1, 2013). "Big Names on Campus". The New York Times.
- "Student Government salaries vary among universities". The Badger Herald. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Conferences | American Student Government Association (ASGA)". Asgaonline.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2008. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- '+relativeTimebox3(this.created_at)+'. "Marygrove Elects Student Government. On the Road to Change. - Marygrove College". Marygrove.edu. Archived from the original on January 23, 2012. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "ASGA Washington D.C. Conference Recap". adams.edu. October 14, 2011. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Conference Home | ASGA's National Student Government Summit". Asgaonline.com. Archived from the original on November 19, 2008. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "American Student Government Association (ASGA)". Asgaonline.com. Retrieved February 5, 2013.