This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2023)
Aminah Beverly McCloud (born 1948) is Professor of Religious Studies and Director of Islamic World Studies program at DePaul University. Her areas of expertise include Islam in America, Muslim women, Islamic studies and the history, geography, politics, religion and philosophy of Islam. She is the author and co-author of several books. Professor McCloud is also the Editor in Chief of the Journal of Islamic Law and Culture, and a member of the board of advisors of the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU).
Professor Ali Asani of Harvard University has described Professor McCloud as "one of the most eminent scholars of African American Islam"
- African-American Islam (1995)
- Questions of Faith (1999)
- Transnational Muslims in American Society (2006)
- An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century (2013)
- ^ "McCloud, Aminah Beverly, 1948-..." VIAF. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- ^ "DePaul Experts". DePaul University. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- ^ "Books by Dr. Aminah Beverly McCloud". Amazon.com. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- ^ "Journal of Islamic Law and Culture Editorial Board". DePaul University. Archived from the original on 12 June 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- ^ "AMINAH MCCLOUD - ADJUNCT SCHOLAR". ISPU website. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- ^ "Expressions of Islam in Contemporary African American Communities: Opening Remarks". Harvard Islamic Studies. Vimeo. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- 1948 births
- Living people
- DePaul University faculty
- American religious writers
- Women religious writers
- American women academics
- Women scholars of Islam
- American Islamic studies scholars
- African-American Muslims
- Muslim scholars of Islamic studies
- 20th-century American non-fiction writers
- 21st-century American non-fiction writers
- 20th-century American women writers
- 21st-century American women writers
- American academic biography stubs