Amphitheater Lake Trail
|Amphitheater Lake Trail|
Map of the trail
|Length||5 mi (8 km)|
|Elevation change||Approximate gain of 3,150 ft (960 m)|
|Highest point||Amphitheater Lake, 9,698 ft (2,956 m)|
|Lowest point||Lupine Meadows, 6,732 ft (2,052 m)|
|Season||Summer to Fall|
The Amphitheater Lake Trail is a 5-mile (8.0 km) long hiking trail in Grand Teton National Park in the U.S. state of Wyoming. The trailhead is at the Lupine Meadows parking area and climbs steeply more than 3,000 feet (910 m) in just over 5 miles (8.0 km) to Amphitheater Lake. At the 2-mile (3.2 km) point, the trail forks and the Garnet Canyon Trail heads south and then west into Garnet Canyon. Shortly before arriving at Amphitheater Lake, hikers pass Surprise Lake where there is a backcountry camping site available if one obtains a free permit. Amphitheater Lake is southwest of Disappointment Peak. Coordinates: 
- "Lupine Meadows Trailhead" (pdf). National Park Service. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- "Day Hikes" (pdf). National Park Service. February 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Grand Teton, WY (Map). Topoquest (USGS Quads). Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "Backcountry Camping" (pdf). National Park Service. October 2006. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "Amphitheater Lake Trail". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
|This article about a location in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|