Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up anaerobic or anaerobically in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Anaerobic means "living, active, occurring, or existing in the absence of free oxygen", as opposed to aerobic which means "living, active, or occurring only in the presence of oxygen." Anaerobic may also refer to:
- Anaerobic adhesive, a bonding agent that does not cure in the presence of air
- Anaerobic clarigester, an anaerobic digester that treats dilute biodegradable feedstocks and allows different retention times for solids and liquids
- Anaerobic contact process, an anaerobic digester with a set of reactors in series
- Anaerobic digestion, the use of anaerobic bacteria to break down waste, with biogas as a valuable byproduct
- Hypoxia (environmental) (anaerobic environment), an environment with little or no available oxygen
- Anaerobic exercise, exercise intense enough to cause lactate to form, used in non-endurance sports
- Anaerobic filter, an anaerobic digester with a tank containing a filter medium where anaerobic microbes can establish themselves
- Anaerobic lagoon, used to dispose of animal waste, particularly that of cows and pigs
- Anaerobic organism, any organism whose redox metabolism does not depend on free oxygen
- Anaerobic respiration, respiration in the absence of oxygen, using some other molecule as the final electron acceptor
- Anammox, anaerobic ammonium oxidation, a globally important microbial process of the nitrogen cycle
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anaerobic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.