From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up anaerobic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Anaerobic means "living without air", as opposed to aerobic which means "living in the presence of air".
Anaerobic may refer to:
- Anaerobic adhesive, a bonding agent that does not cure in the presence of air
- Anaerobic clarigester, a form of anaerobic digester
- Anaerobic contact process, a type of anaerobic digester
- Anaerobic digestion (AD), the naturally occurring process of anaerobic decomposition harnessed and contained to manage waste and/or release energy
- Anaerobic environment, an aquatic environment with little available oxygen - see Hypoxia (environmental)
- Anaerobic exercise, a form of exercise
- Anaerobic filter
- Anaerobic lagoon, used to dispose of animal waste, particularly that of cows and pigs
- Anaerobic organism, any organism whose redox metabolism does not depend on free oxygen
- Anaerobic respiration, respiration in the absence of oxygen, using some other molecule as the final electron acceptor
- Anaerobic ammonium oxidation, anammox, the microbial process combining ammonium and nitrite
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anaerobic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.