|Known for||Founder of Tech Liminal|
Anca Mosoiu (born 1973) is a technical consultant and web developer who established the Oakland, California co-working space Tech Liminal in 2009. She is credited with helping to build the tech industry in Oakland. She has been described as a "tech guru".
Mosoiu moved to the United States from Romania with her family in 1983 when she was 9 years old. Her family had been granted political asylum "before the revolution toppled the Soviet-era autocrat Nicolae Ceausescu". She grew up in Oakland attending local middle schools.
As a technical consultant Mosoiu spent a lot of time traveling and in hotel rooms. Because she wanted to work with people and be part of a community, Mosoiu founded Tech Liminal. Tech Liminal was the first technology co-working space in Oakland.
"It's easier to have more impact in Oakland with little more than gumption," Mosoiu said. "It feels like we're all in this together."
- Adam Gaffin (April 25, 2003). "Building a metadata-based Web site". Network World. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
Brett Lider and Anca Mosoiu discuss the importance of metadata in organizing and using documents on public Web sites and intranets.
- "Email's not Dead Yet - Newsletters for Fun and Profit". CBS San Francisco. May 31, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
This meetup will be led by Anca Mosoiu of Tech Liminal, featuring a small panel of email marketing experts and users. More details will be posted soon.
- "Hometown Hero: Tech Liminal founder Anca Mosoiu". Mercury News. Oct 15, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
Anca Mosoiu is the founder of Tech Liminal, a small Oakland start-up which helps people learn about technology at low cost. Mosoiu, a former software engineer, began the “technology salon” to help people gain knowledge through workshops in WordPress,
- Woodall, Angela (October 15, 2012). "Hometown Hero: Anca Mosoiu, founder of Oakland's Tech Liminal". The Oakland Tribune. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- "Creating a Healthy Tech Eco-System in Oakland – Co-working spaces". iDOTconnect. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Wanda Hennig (January 10, 2010). "San Francisco Examiner". When you go traveling, stop and smell the roses and then eat them. Slideshow.
Oakland tech guru Anca Mosoiu designed and built a Friends of the Morcom Rose Garden website...
- Florez, Irene. "Independent workers seek communal workspaces". KALW. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Cruz-Rosas, Monica (June 11, 2012). "At Tech Liminal, digital workers find a place to connect". Oakland North. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- Woodall, Angela (October 15, 2012). "Hometown Hero: Anca Mosoiu, founder of Oakland's Tech Liminal". Oakland Tribune.
- Soldana, Laura (June 4, 2012). "Need a greater web presence?". Oakland local. Retrieved October 16, 2012.