|Known for||Founder of Tech Liminal|
Anca Mosoiu (born 1973) is a technical consultant and web developer who established the Oakland, California co-working space Tech Liminal in 2009. She is credited with helping to build the tech industry in Oakland. She has been described as a "tech guru".
Mosoiu moved to the United States from Romania with her family in 1983 when she was 9 years old. Her family had been granted political asylum "before the revolution toppled the Soviet-era autocrat Nicolae Ceausescu". She grew up in Oakland attending local middle schools.
As a technical consultant Mosoiu spent a lot of time traveling and in hotel rooms. Because she wanted to work with people and be part of a community, Mosoiu founded Tech Liminal. Tech Liminal was the first technology co-working space in Oakland.
"It's easier to have more impact in Oakland with little more than gumption," Mosoiu said. "It feels like we're all in this together."
- Adam Gaffin (April 25, 2003). "Building a metadata-based Web site". Network World. Archived from the original on January 29, 2013. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
Brett Lider and Anca Mosoiu discuss the importance of metadata in organizing and using documents on public Web sites and intranets.
- "Email's not Dead Yet - Newsletters for Fun and Profit". CBS San Francisco. May 31, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
This meetup will be led by Anca Mosoiu of Tech Liminal, featuring a small panel of email marketing experts and users. More details will be posted soon.
- "Hometown Hero: Tech Liminal founder Anca Mosoiu". Mercury News. Oct 15, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
Anca Mosoiu is the founder of Tech Liminal, a small Oakland start-up which helps people learn about technology at low cost. Mosoiu, a former software engineer, began the “technology salon” to help people gain knowledge through workshops in WordPress,
- Woodall, Angela (October 15, 2012). "Hometown Hero: Anca Mosoiu, founder of Oakland's Tech Liminal". The Oakland Tribune. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- "Creating a Healthy Tech Eco-System in Oakland – Co-working spaces". iDOTconnect. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Wanda Hennig (January 10, 2010). "San Francisco Examiner". When you go traveling, stop and smell the roses and then eat them. Slideshow.
Oakland tech guru Anca Mosoiu designed and built a Friends of the Morcom Rose Garden website...
- Florez, Irene. "Independent workers seek communal workspaces". KALW. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Cruz-Rosas, Monica (June 11, 2012). "At Tech Liminal, digital workers find a place to connect". Oakland North. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- Woodall, Angela (October 15, 2012). "Hometown Hero: Anca Mosoiu, founder of Oakland's Tech Liminal". Oakland Tribune.
- Soldana, Laura (June 4, 2012). "Need a greater web presence?". Oakland local. Archived from the original on August 24, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.