Andhra Pradesh Police Academy
Motto in English
|Requisite Knowledge, Necessary Skills, Right Attitude|
|Established||19 May 1986|
|Director||Director Dr.C.N GopiNatha Reddy|
|Campus||175 acres (0.71 km2)|
TS Police Academy is an institution which prepares candidates for service in the institution of higher learning for Police and other law enforcement agencies, Forensic Scientists, Public Prosecutors and provides education in a service environment. The TSPA is in collaboration with UNODC. Recognised as "Bench Mark" Training Institute by the Quality Audit Team of BPR & D, New Delhi, India. Oflate, 9th Batch DSsP Training was successfully completed. After the bifurcation of AndhraPradesh state into Telangana and Andhra, the academy was listed in the Schedule 10 of AP Reorganisation Act, 2014. Established in 1986, the Telangana State Police Academy ( TSPA )has been serving as a nodal agency and as an institution of higher learning for Police and other law enforcement agencies, including Forensic Scientists and Public Prosecutors. Surrounded by lush green hillocks in Himayat sagar, Hyderabad, theTelangana State Police Academy, spread over sprawling 175 acres, is located about 25 km. away from Hyderabad City along Hyderabad – Chevella road.Late Sri N.T. Rama Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, laid the foundation stone for this prestigious Academy in 1986. The living legendary Police Officer Sri C. Anjaneya Reddy, IPS (Retd) was the spirit behind the inception of this great Academy. Great Police leaders like Sri A.V. Subba Rao,IPS(Retd), Sri.H.J.Dora,IPS(Retd), Sri M.V.Krishna Rao, IPS(Retd), Late Sri Jaspal Singh, IPS, Sri A.K.Mohanty, IPS(Retd), Sri.M.Ratan, IPS (Retd), Dr.C.N.Gopin Natha Reddy IPS (Retd) and Sri N.Sambasiva Rao, IPS have contributed immensely to this Academy. Dr.M.Malakondaiah, IPS., Addl. DGP took over as the Director of Andhra Pradesh Police Academy on 25 May 2013. Academy, imparted Professional Police Training to as many as Trainees till June, 2013, including Police personnel of various ranks from Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Tripura, Bihar, Jharkhand and Union Territory of Lakshadweep etc. The Academy, in collaboration with UNODC, trained 4,396 Police Personnel and Prosecuting Officers on horrendous crime like Human Trafficking with a missionary zeal and won the appreciation from Mr. Gary Lewis, Representative of UNODC, ROSA, Mr. Wan Joo Kim, Asst. Attorney General for Civil Rights Division, Dept. of Justice, USA, Mr. Thomas March Bell, Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for Human Trafficking, Mr. Evan Andrew Young, Dept. of Justice, United States, Mr. Duke Lokka, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Office, US. Embassy, New Delhi and Dr. P.M. Nair, Project Coordinator, Anti Human Trafficking, UNODC.
- Basic Courses
- Pre-Promotion Courses
- Orientation Courses
- First Course in Investigation.
- Station House Management.
- Essential Law for Police Officers.
- First Course in Forensic Science & Forensic Medicine.
- Department of Police Science and MISC.
- Department of Intelligence and Security
- Department of LAW
- Department of Forensic Science
- Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Department of Computers
- Department of Management and Social Sciences
- Department of Administration (Courses for Ministerial Staff) and
- Department of Field Training
Records and Appreciations
- Mr. Gary Lewis, Representative of UNODC, ROSA
- Mr. Wan Joo Kim, Asst. Attorney General for Civil Rights Division, Dept. of Justice, USA.
- Mr. Thomas March Bell, Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for Human Trafficking.
- Mr. Evan Andrew Young, Dept. of Justice, United States.
- Mr. Duke Lokka, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Office, US. Embassy, New Delhi.
- Dr. P.M. Nair, Project Coordinator, Anti Human Trafficking, UNODC.
The Museum has five galleries.
- Edged Arms Gallery
- Fire Arms Gallery
- Police Gallery
- Forensic Gallery
- Communication Gallery.
- Library : The Library caters to the intellectual needs of IPS officers, faculty members, staff, trainee officers attending various induction and in-service courses and research scholars from various Universities.
- Research Center
- International Officers Mess
- Swimming Pool
- Athletic Track
- Post office
- Transport and
- Welfare Store
- "Sacred Symbols". National Defence Academy. 2006. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "How Police Academies Work". HowStuffWorks. 14 March 2008.
- "Gov.in". appoliceacademy.gov.in. Archived from the original on 18 February 2010. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Gov.in". appoliceacademy.gov.in. Archived from the original on 4 September 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Gov.in". appoliceacademy.gov.in. Archived from the original on 13 March 2018. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Dr. Hankins A.P.Police Museum & Discovery Center". Archived from the original on 10 October 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- "Gov.in". appoliceacademy.gov.in. Archived from the original on 14 June 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- Andhra Pradesh Police Academy webpage Official website.