|Full name||Անդրանիկ Հակոբյան|
6 October 1981 |
Vagharshapat, Armenian SSR, USSR
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
Andranik Hakobyan was born on 6 October 1981. Hakobyan participated at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. He won in the first round of the Olympic tournament, but lost in the second. In late 2008, Andranik got the right to compete at the 2008 Boxing World Cup in Moscow. The tournament brought together the best amateur boxers in all weight classes. Hakobyan was able to show all his capability and won the Cup in the middleweight (75 kg) category.
Hakobyan won a silver medal at the 2009 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Milan. After winning five straight matches, he lost to Abbos Atoev in the finals. Hakobyan won independent Armenia's first silver medal at the World Amateur Boxing Championships. Hakobyan became an Armenian Champion in 2010. Although he lost in the quarterfinals at the 2011 World Amateur Boxing Championships due to controversial scoring, his proformence was still good enough to qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympics, where he was unable to win a medal.
- "29.Olympic Games - Beijing, China - August 9-24 2008". amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Andranik Hakobyan". results.beijing2008.cn. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "World Cup - Moscow, Russia - December 10-14 2008". amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "15.World Championships - Milan, Italy - September 1-12 2009". www.amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Armenian Nationals Championships - Erevan - January 25-31 2010". amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Անդրանիկ Հակոբյան. Բռնցքամարտի ԱԱ կազմակերպիչները չէին ցանկանում, որ Բաքվում ծածանվի հայկական դրոշը (in Armenian). PanArmenian.Net. Retrieved 14 February 2013.