This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andre Garcia is a luxury cigar case brand started in 2003 by Abhik Roy from Calcutta India. Until the creation of the Andre Garcia line in 2003, Roy and his artisans toiled in relative anonymity, making cases that carried the brand names of other companies in its factory in Calcutta, India. Roy was the first to introduce a wide variety and style in cigar cases in an otherwise stagnant cigar case market.
Andre Garcia brand's guiding principle was "one size does not fit all". Roy pioneered a spectrum of sizes to accommodate anything from a short trip, for which one might like a solo smoke, to a party, at which one intend to offer cigars to all the guys. Striving for multiplicity, Andre Garcia crafted 1—, 2—, 4—, 5—, 6—, 8—, 10—, 16— and 20—finger cases in various designs, leather grains, dimensions and colors, as well as widths and lengths. As an alternative to typical leather case, from which the top simply slides off the company launched a unique zipper—enclosed top (patent pending) cigar case.
In present day, the company produces cigar cases and leather accessories under its private label and also produces cases for other brands.
- Official Site
- Cigar Aficionado article - Sept, 2006
- Robb Report - March 2007
- Cigar Aficionado article - Mar/Apr 2007
- SmokeShop Product Showcase April 2007
- Cigar Aficionado article - Oct 2007
- European Cigar Cult Journal article - Dec 2007
- SmokeShop Product Showcase December 2007
- Cigar Cyclopedia
- Cigar Aficionado Holiday Havens
- Cigar Cyclopedia Gallery Article- Jan 2008
- SmokeShop Product Showcase April 2008
- Photo Gallery: Holiday Gift Parade
- Cohiba Sampler Case
- Cigars: Making a Case for Cigars
- The Good Life Guide: Andre Garcia Cigar Briefcase
- The Good Life Guide: Andre Garcia Ludwig Briefcase
- Making a Case for Cigars