|Andrea Goffredo Favilli|
March 8, 1963|
|Spouse(s)||Camille Favilli (1994-present)|
Andrea Favilli is an Italian-born sculptor, designer, and co-founder of Favilli Studio - a multi-disciplinary design firm based in South Pasadena, California.
Andrea Favilli was born in Rome, Italy March 8, 1963. His early art education was under the tutelage of his father Riccardo Aldo Favilli, who worked as an art director at the famed Cinecittà Studios. When Andrea was 7 years old, his family moved from Italy to Redondo Beach, California. He graduated from Bishop Montgomery High School in 1981 and received his formal education at Art Center College of Design, where he graduated with honors in 1986.
Andrea is an accomplished sculptor, having created the Disney Legends Award, The American Teacher Award, and the Frank G. Wells Award; The Cameraman in front of the Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank, California, The Transpacific Yacht Race New Course Record Trophy, on permanent display at the Newport Beach Nautical Museum; the Tree of Life, Stough Canyon, Burbank, CA; Monumental Disney Legends Trophies at Disneyland, Paris and Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, CA; the Roy O. & Edna Disney at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, CA; and Dr. David Burbank at Five Points in Burbank, CA.
- 1989 • Disney Legends Award, commissioned by the Walt Disney Company.
- 1990 • American Teacher Award, commissioned by the Walt Disney Company for the Disney Channel.
- 1992 • The Cameraman, commissioned by Roy E. Disney. A 10-foot bronze sculpture of the mythical Motion Picture Cameraman and Henry King (director). Installed at the center of the Media District in front of Warner Brothers Studio in LA, California.
- 1993 • The Cameraman, second edition, commissioned by the Walt Disney Company. Installed in 1994 in the hub (central area) of the Disney/MGM Studios at Walt Disney World, in Orlando Florida.
- 1994 • Frank G. Wells Award, commissioned by Michael Eisner in memory of company president Frank Wells.
- 1997 • Disney Legends Sculpture, commissioned by the Walt Disney Company, a 14-foot monumental bronze sculpture of the Disney Legends Award at the main entry of Disneyland Paris, France.
- 1989 • The Transpacific Yacht Race New Course Record Trophy, commissioned by Roy E. Disney for the Transpacific Yacht Race.
- 1999 • Disney Legends Sculpture, second edition, installed and inaugurated at the historic Walt Disney Studios (Burbank), a second edition 14-foot monumental bronze sculpture of the Disney Legends Award for the company’s 75th Anniversary celebration.
- 2003 • The Tree of Life, commissioned by the city of Burbank, California. A 7-foot bronze and water sculpture for the Stough Canyon Nature Center.
- 2004 • Roy O. and Edna Disney, commissioned by the St. Joseph Providence Hospital in Burbank, California.
- 2007-2008 • Dr. David Burbank— The Five Points Project, commissioned by the city of Burbank, California via the Burbank Art in Places Program
Images of Work
Monumental Disney Legends, by Aldo & Andrea Favilli
- D23 The Official Disney Fan Club "D23 Presents Disney Legends at 25 Years"
- The Free Library by Farlex, "John Wooden, Legendary UCLA Coach, To Receive The Frank G. Wells Award"
- The Museum of the San Fernando Valley, "Andrea Favilli 'The Cameraman' Burbank's Treasure"
- Holo Holo Hawai'i Ocean Sports News, "TransPac Elapsed Time Record Trophy"
- The City of Burbank, California: Official Website, "Tree of Life Statue" Archived January 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- WDW Fan Zone, "Honoring the Disney Legends"
- Animation Nation Blog
- City of Burbank, California: Official Website, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-18. Retrieved 2014-01-15. "Five Points Statue"