Andrea Fitting, Ph.D., is the first female director of Parkvale Bank, the sixth-largest bank headquartered in the Pittsburgh region and the 26th-largest public company in Pennsylvania. She is serving her fourth term in this capacity. Fitting is founder and CEO of Fitting Group, a branding agency headquartered in Pittsburgh.
Fitting holds B.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Anthropology/Archaeology from the University of Pittsburgh and is a former Fulbright Scholar. She has taught courses at California University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Carlow University and the University of Pittsburgh.
In 1986, Fitting launched Fitting Group. She received international media coverage when Fitting Group launched a controversial marketing campaign to promote their Brand Spanking process that featured a whip-bearing dominatrix.
As a result of her company's attention-grabbing marketing campaign, Fitting's expert branding opinions have been frequently published. She has been quoted on the marketing tactics of companies such as Nike and Abercrombie and Fitch, as well as Martha Stewart's brand.
Within the Pittsburgh region, Fitting has held several prominent positions. From 1995 to 1998, she served on the Consumer Advisory Council of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, and from 1998 to 2003, she was former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge's appointee to the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. Fitting also currently serves on the board of Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners.
Extensive recognition has been awarded to Fitting for her work and involvement in the entrepreneurial community. Some of her awards are:
- YWCA/NAWBO Woman Entrepreneur of the Year (1994)
- Pennsylvania Honor Roll of Women (1996)
- Best 50 Women in Business in Pennsylvania (1998)
- Susan B. Anthony award for Leadership (1999)
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist (2002)
- SBN Magazine Pacesetters (2003)
- Girl Scouts Trillium Council Woman of Distinction Award (2008)
- "Andrea Fitting." Fitting Group. June 31, 2008. July 21, 2008. <http://www.fittingroup.com/team/index.html>.
- Fitting Group. June 31, 2008. July 21, 2008. <http://www.fittingroup.com/>.
- Tim Nudd. "A Repositioning You Won't Forget." All Business. May 10, 2004. July 21, 2008. <http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/4204003-1.html>.
- Alyssa Royse. "Sex and the Workplace." Start Her Up: For Women Entrepreneurs. May 27, 2008. July 21, 2008. <http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/startherup/archives/139802.asp>.
- Teresa Lindeman. “Some Ad Agencies Strut their Stuff in Hopes of Luring More Clients.” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. September 10, 2004. August 12, 2008. <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04254/376408-28.stm>.
- Mackenzie Carpenter. “Sherapova’s Little Black Dress Provokes a Big Racket at U.S. Open.” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. September 1, 2006. August 12, 2008. <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06244/718227-139.stm>.
- Monica Haynes and Moustafa Ayad. “Abercrombie & Fitch to Pull Line of T-shirts.” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. November 5, 2005. August 12, 2008. <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05309/601210-85.stm>.
- Mackenzie Carpenter and Monica Haynes. “Stewart Turning Jail into ‘Good Thing,’ too?” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. March 4, 2005. August 12, 2008. <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05063/466182-51.stm>.
- "C-leveled LLC acquires Fitting Group - Pittsburgh Business Times". Pittsburgh Business Times. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "2007–2008 Board of Directors." Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners. 2008. July 21, 2008. <http://www.psvp.org/Who%20We%20Are/Board.html> Archived October 4, 2006, at the Wayback Machine..
- Tim Puko. "Newsmaker: Andrea Fitting." Pittsburgh Tribune Review. May 17, 2008. July 21, 2008. <http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_567939.html>.
- Ray Marano. "2003 Pittsburgh Pacesetters: Andrea Fitting, CEO & president, Fitting Group." All Business. January 1, 2003. July 21, 2008. <http://www.allbusiness.com/human-resources/employee-development-leadership/960069-1.html>.