From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
New Delhi, India
|Notable works||The Brother Gardeners, This Other Eden, Founding Gardeners, Chasing Venus, The Invention of Nature, Alexander Humboldt's New World|
In 2016, she won the Royal Society Insight Investment Science Book Prize and the Royal Geographical Society's Ness Award for her book The Invention of Nature.
- This Other Eden: Seven Great Gardens and 300 Years of English History Little, Brown, 2005, ISBN 9780316725804
- The Brother Gardeners: A Generation of Gentlemen Naturalists and the Birth of an Obsession Vintage Books, 2008, ISBN 9780307454751
- Founding Gardeners: The Revolutionary Generation, Nature, and the Shaping of the American Nation Knopf Doubleday, 2012, ISBN 9780307390684
- Chasing Venus: the Race to Measure the Heavens (2012) ISBN 9780307958617
- The Invention of Nature: How Alexander Von Humboldt Revolutionized Our World, Hodder And Stoughton Limited, 2015, ISBN 9781848548985
Interviews and TV Appearances
- 2013: BBC Radio 4, interviewed on Lisa Jardine's programme 'Seven Ages of Science'
- 2014: BBC TV (BBC Four), co-presenter 'British Gardens in Time'
Radio interviews with Andrea Wulf have been broadcast in USA, Germany and Australia
- "The Royal Society announces the winner of the Royal Society Insight Investment Science Book Prize 2016". royalsociety.org. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- "2016 medals and awards recipients announced". Royal Geographical Society. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Review of This Other Eden, The Guardian, Nov 26, 2005
- Review of The Brother Gardeners, The Daily Telegraph, April 13, 2008
- Review of The Brother Gardeners, The Guardian, May 10, 2008
- Review of The Founding Gardeners, The Daily Telegraph, Feb 25, 2011
- Review of Chasing Venus, The Daily Telegraph, June 18, 2012
- Samuel Johnson Prize Longlist Announcement
- CBHL Annual Literature Award Announcement
- Official Website
- Andrea's page, Conville and Walsh literary agency