|Born||London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Musician, DJ, Producer|
|Labels||Which Way Records, Sound Signature|
Andrew Ashong is a British-Ghanaian Soul singer-songwriter, DJ and producer from Forest Hill in South London. He spent his teenage years searching for records and by 16 he was DJing and working on his own productions. Andrew Ashong has released two EPs: Flowers with Theo Parrish (2012) and the Andrew Ashong EP (2014), which moved away from the dance floor sound of Flowers and interjected more soul and jazz inspired rhythms and textures "A release less targeted to the dance floor, it instead chooses to retrospectively immerse in the ethics of true music". He also featured on "Day like This/Feel Loved" by Tony Allen and Theo Parish (2013). Paul Lester of The Guardian has compared him to Shuggie Otis, Roy Ayers, Bill Withers and Lewis Taylor in his "New Band of the Day" feature.
Awards and nominations
|2012||Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards||Track of the Year||First|
- Huizenga, Tom; Tsioulcas, Anastasia; Powers, Ann; McCartney, Kelly; Hart, Otis; Thompson, Stephen; Hilton, Robin; Ganz, Jacob; Gotrich, Lars; Fitzgerald, Kiana; King, Jason; Kelley, Frannie; Contreras, Felix; Jarenwattananon, Patrick; Garsd, Jasmine; Dye, David; Carter, Bobby; Boilen, Bob; Katzif, Mike. "NPR Music's Favorite Songs Of 2014". National Public Radio. National Public Radio. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "The Guardian - New Band of the Day". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Metro - Worldwide Awards". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Clash Magazine - Next Wave Feature". Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Resident Advisor - Theo Parrish Launches Wild Hear Recordings". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "The Guardian - New Band of The Day". Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Andrew Ashong - Flowers". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Andrew Ashong - Andrew Ashong EP". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Wikipedia - Worldwide Winners". Archived from the original on 21 January 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.