November 24, 1927|
Republic of China
|Died||March 10, 2016(aged 88)|
|Net worth||US$900 million (2015)|
|Title||Filinvest Group of Companies Founder and Chairman Emeritus|
Andrew Lo Gotianun, Sr. (Chinese: 吳天恩; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Gô͘ Thian-un) (November 24, 1927 – March 10, 2016) was a Chinese Filipino entrepreneur from the Philippines who had a net worth of US$900 million in 2015. He ran the Filinvest Development Corporation which owns most of Filinvest Land, Inc. and East West Banking Corporation. Gotianun also focuses on biofuels and has acquired two sugar mills and a plantation. As of 2008, his fortune has decreased sharply to $235 Million, a result of the global financial downturn but in 2014 his back to the billionaire ranks with a fortune over $1 billion according to Forbes.
Gotianun made a living from salvaging ships at the end of the Second World War. Several years later, he became involved in an automobile dealership. Later still, in 1955, he founded Filinvest Development Corporation a company which became engaged in real estate in 1967. Gotaniun and his wife, Mercedes, temporarily retired from business activities in the 1980s but returned a short time later, with a plan to make improvements to the corporation. He is among those honored at the BizNewAsia Real Estate Who is Who (BREW) awards.
Gotianun and fellow businessman John Gokongwei are distant cousins and members of the notable Go clan in Cebu. Gotianun's grandfather was a half brother of Gokongwei's great-grandfather. His son, Andrew Gotianun Jr., is the vice-president of Filinvest Land.
- "The Top 10 Richest in the Philippines". PinoyBusiness.org: Global Filipino Business and Investing Community. Tampines, Singapore: Pinoy Business Organization. 18 October 2007. Archived from the original on 26 October 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "The Philippines' 40 Richest: #7 Andrew Gotianun". Forbes.com. 18 October 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "Sy, Tan are RP's richest - Forbes". ABS-CBN News Online Beta. October 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- "Filinvest Alabang: Filinvest Corporate City & Filinvest Development Corporation". JobsDB.com: Philippines. Hong Kong: Jobs Database Ltd. Retrieved August 25, 2008.
- "Comeback couple: Andrew and Mercedes Gotianun, on their return from retirement, turned Filinvest into one of the Philippines' leading property developers". Review Publishing Company Ltd. (Hong Kong). Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "Honoring property titans". The Manila Times Internet Edition. December 4, 2007. Archived from the original on 23 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- Flores, Wilson Lee (20 June 2010). "The secret father of President Sergio Osmeña & forebear of John Gokongwei, Jr., Gaisanos, Gotianuns". Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "PGMA's Speech during the Cebu Business Month Festival and the 9th Grand Chamber Awards 2004 of the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc". Office of the Press Secretary Online. Manila, Philippines: Government of the Republic of the Philippines. 21 June 2004. Archived from the original on 31 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "Filinvest Land to put up business hotel in Davao". Business Mirror. May 12, 2008. Archived from the original on 5 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-24.
|This business-related biographical article from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|