|Born||Bega, New South Wales|
Andrew Marlton is a Walkley Award-winning Australian cartoonist. Up until early 2014 he was the in-house cartoonist for Crikey, a prominent Australian politics and news website, where he produced his work under the pseudonym, First Dog on the Moon.
In early 2014 Marlton announced he would be leaving Crikey to take up a position at The Guardian, Australia. His first cartoon appeared there in April 2014.
Marlton illustrated a book called The Wombat and the Grand Poohjam, written by Jackie French.
Marlton wrote and illustrated a second book entitled "The Story of the Christmas Story" published in 2010.
Marlton appeared on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) current affairs program The Insiders on 26 October 2008, discussing his favourite cartoons of the week, and again on 12 September 2010. Marlton and fellow Australian cartoonist Jon Kudelka were interviewed  about why they became cartoonists.
First Dog on the Moon has various merchandising based on his characters, including tea-towels, socks, and calendars. His tea-towels were discussed by the Prime Minister of Australia, Kevin Rudd, on the TV chat show Rove on 21 September 2008.
From 2 December 2011 until 28 January 2012 First Dog on the Moon's artwork could be seen at Platform [Degraves Street Subway, Melbourne Victoria Australia] as part of the exhibition "The Universe according to First Dog on the Moon" 
In December 2011 he won the Museum of Australian Democracy's Political Cartooning Award.
On 30 November 2012, Andrew Marlton won the Walkley Award (from the Walkley Foundation) for the best political cartoon of 2012. The six panel cartoon depicts several rationalizations for ignoring the plight of asylum seekers attempting to come to Australia by boat.
- "Teachers Notes: The Wombat and the Grand Poohjam" (PDF). Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "National Museum of Australia - About the artists". Nma.gov.au. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Walkley Foundation on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- First Dog on the Moon. "First Dog on the Moon on the Icac hearing – cartoon". the Guardian. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Insiders - 26/10/2008: Talking pictures with Mike Bowers - Insiders - ABC". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Life as a Political Editorial Cartoonist: Jon Kudelka and First Dog On The Moon Interviewed". Bhatt.id.au. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "First Blog on the Moon". Blogs.crikey.com.au. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "PLATFORM ART SPACES: Coming up at Platform...The Universe According to First Dog on the Moon". Platformartistgroup.blogspot.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Behind the Lines". Behindthelines.moadoph.gov.au. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Show reveals Cartoonists Drawn to Politics". Canberra Times (Fairfax Media). 14 December 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "My Walkley Award winning cartoon thank you". First Dog on the Moon. Retrieved 24 November 2014.