This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||JPMorgan Chase Tower
Downtown Houston, Texas
|No. of offices||11 total, 3 international|
|No. of attorneys||429 (2016)|
|Key people||Robert V. Jewell, Managing Partner|
|Founder||Frank Andrews and Thomas Ball|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
|Slogan||Straight Talk Is Good Business|
Andrews Kurth Kenyon LLP is a Houston, Texas based international law firm founded by Frank Andrews and U.S. Congressman Thomas Henry Ball in 1902 and later joined by Melvin Kurth in 1913. The firm currently has over 420 attorneys in its offices in major energy, financial, and political centers worldwide, including London, Beijing, Dubai, Austin, Dallas, New York City, Research Triangle Park, NC, Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., and Houston. The firm is currently led by Bob Jewell as Managing Partner and Thomas Perich as Chairman.
Andrews Kurth played a pivotal role in representing Texas railroad firms in the early 1900s and the firm has maintained a prominent reputation in the global energy industry for over a century. They also represented both the Reconstruction Finance Corporation and Federal National Mortgage Corporation as part of FDR's New Deal. Famous clients include Howard Hughes. Andrews Kurth litigated his inheritance, IRS, and Spruce Goose cases. They also oversaw the public sale of Hughes shares in TWA.
Famous employees include Former U.S. Secretary of State James Baker who worked at Andrews & Kurth after receiving his J.D. in 1957 until becoming Undersecretary of Commerce for U.S. President Gerald Ford in 1975.
In 2016, Andrews Kurth welcomed approximately 55 attorneys from New York-based Kenyon & Kenyon LLP, an intellectual property boutique. The additions boosted the firm's IP practice from approximately 35 to nearly 90 attorneys. Following the transaction, Andrews Kurth LLP legally changed its name to Andrews Kurth Kenyon LLP to reflect the firm's expanded expertise in intellectual property and technology.
- Austin, Texas - J. Matthew Lyons
- Beijing - Timothy Unger
- Dallas, Texas - Mark S. Solomon
- Dubai, UAE - Patricia Tiller - Operating as Andrews Kurth Kenyon DMCC
- Houston, Texas - Robin Russell
- London - Melanie Willems - Operating as Andrews Kurth Kenyon (UK) LLP
- New York City - Battery Park - Edward T. Colbert
- New York City - Midtown - Lynne M. Fischman Uniman
- Research Triangle Park - James V. Mahon
- Silicon Valley - Michael N. Zachary
- The Woodlands, Texas - William C. McDonald
- Washington, DC - Shemin V. Proctor
- "Robert V. Jewell: Andrews Kurth LLP". Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Special Marketing Section". Women of Color. Career Communications Group. Autumn 2009. p. 63. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Profile of Professional Organization Contributors Andrews Kurth LLP". The National Law Review. The National Law Forum, LLC. 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" (PDF). MultiCultural Law. L.P. Green & Partners, Inc. 2012-06-19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2012-12-09.