Android Assault: The Revenge of Bari-Arm
The Revenge of Bari-Arm
North American cover art
|Designer(s)||Hiroshi Taniguchi |
|Genre(s)||Shoot 'em up|
Mankind makes advances in space travel and colonization. In the year 2192 however, the colonists near Jupiter are attacked by the independent military nation of Zias stationed on the Olympus colony of Saturn. Zias uses a symbiotic computer system and several mecha factories powered by a device called the GEO as their primary attack force. Human scientists study the Zias technology and, based on the Zias GEO system, construct a space fighter capable of fighting against the Zias: the Bari-arm, a space ship capable of using multiple weapons and transforming into a giant robot. The Bari-arm must destroy the GEO system before the Zias war machines destroy any further colonies.
Players control the Bari-arm through seven shooting stages. The Bari-arm has four ship speed levels and is equipped with a fully automatic shot and a charge weapon. The charge weapon that would automatically charge when the player did not hold down the fire button. The charge weapon would unleash a strong version of whichever weapon icon the player picks up. The weapons available to the ship included the Thunder Cracker, Chase Cannon, Burning Wave and the Satellite Bombs. Every weapon covered the front and back of the ship except the Burning Wave, the only primary straight firing weapon.
GamePro gave the game a negative review, commenting that it is decent but outdated, especially when compared to other CD-based shooters, and is too derivative in every respect to be worthwhile for players who have played any of the dozens of shooters which preceded it. Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it a 6.2 out of 10. They praised the soundtrack but criticized that the graphics are mediocre for a CD-based game.
- "Android Assault: The Revenge of Bari-Arm / Bari-Arm - Sega CD (1993)". hardcoregaming101.net. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Android Assault: Revenge of Bari-Arm". sega-16.com. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Android Assault: The Revenge of Bari-Arm". mobygames.com. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "ProReview: Android Assault". GamePro. No. 75. IDG. December 1994. p. 112.
- "Review Crew:Android Assault". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 65. Sendai Publishing. December 1994. p. 46.