|Born||Angela Athena Pippos
29 December 1969
Pippos completed an Honours degree in Politics at the University of Adelaide and began her career as a researcher and reporter with ABC Television in her hometown of Adelaide. After three years, she was lured across to ABC television news in Melbourne in 1997, even though the sports reporting position didn't fit in with her plans of becoming a political journalist. Within a few months she was presenting the sports segment at the 7 pm News desk on weekends and then was promoted to weeknights alongside Ian Henderson. She has also been a guest presenter on 774 ABC Radio, as well as a columnist and feature writer for the AFL Website and the Sunday Age.
In October 2007, after nearly 14 years, Pippos resigned from the ABC.
Pippos is also the author of The Goddess Advantage – One Year in the Life of a Football Worshipper. This is the first of a two-book deal with Text Publishing.
For just over two years in 2008 and 2009, Pippos co-hosted the Sport 927 radio breakfast program with 1990 AFL premiership player Michael Christian. It was the first time Sport 927 had had a male and female breakfast partnership on the radio station.
On 28 January 2013, Pippos gave birth to a boy. He is the first child for Pippos and her partner, Simon.
Pippos is a Patron of the National Jockeys Trust which provides financial support to jockeys and their families in the event of serious injury, illness or death.
Pippos has been an ambassador for Responsible Gambling Awareness Week for a number of years.
- 2006: The Goddess Advantage – One Year in the Life of a Football Worshipper
- The Goddess Advantage: One Year in the Life of a Football Worshipper. The Age 6 May 2006 | Retrieved 29 March 2013
- Angela Pippos reveals turmoil of ABC and ALP. Herald Sun 12 December 2007 | Retrieved 28 March 2013
- 3AW Afternoon's with Denis Walter | Retrieved 28 March 2013 Archived 26 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Crows Ambassadors | Retrieved 28 March 2013 Archived 20 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- Australian Jockeys Association | Retrieved 28 March 2013
- ambassadors gamble aware | Retrieved 29 March 2013