Angelo Lima, was a philatelist who was a specialist in the philately of the Portuguese area.
A collector from a young age, Lima patiently built up his collections until they were strong enough to win the top awards in philately. His display Brazil: 1843-1866 won a Large Gold Medal at Stamp World London 1990. Other awards were the International Grand-Prix at PhilexFrance 89 and the Championship Grand Prix at PhilaNippon 91. When his Brazilian collection was sold by David Feldman in 1993, it was described as "clearly the greatest single collection of Brazil ever formed".
- Lot. No. 4052, The Dr. Hugo Goeggel Collections (Part 1). Corinphila Auktionen, Zurich, 2013, p. 13.
- "Newsdesk: Stamp World London 90 Awards" in Gibbons Stamp Monthly, August 1990, p. 5.
- Comelli, Paulo. "The 30 Reis Bull's Eyes Interpanel" in The Dr. Hugo Goeggel Collections (Part 1)[permanent dead link]. Corinphila Auktionen, Zurich, 2013, p. 12.
- Latin America including Brazil: Grand Prix Collection of Angelo Lima. Auction catalogue, Zurich, 1–6 November 1993. Geneva: David Feldman SA, 1993, p. 8. Archived here.
- "Newsdesk: Auctions" in Gibbons Stamp Monthly, January 1996, p. 14.
|This article about a philatelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|