Animal Fair (song)
As early as 1898, it is attested as being sung by American sailors.
The version attested in 1898 has the following lyrics:
- I went to the animal fair,
- The birds and the beasts were there,
- The old baboon by the light of the moon
- Was combing his auburn hair
- The monkey he got drunk
- And fell on the elephant's trunk
- The elephant sneezed and went down on his knees
- And that was the end of the monkey monkey monkey monk...
- Sung in Barney & Friends episodes The Dentist Makes Me Smile (1993) and Barney's Super Singing Circus (2000).
- Captain Kangaroo with Mitch Miller orchestra & The Sandpipers (1958)
- Sung by Richard Dreyfuss's character Moses Wine to his sons in the film The Big Fix (1978)
- Sung in Kidsongs and also used as Elmyra's theme in Tiny Toon Adventures.
- "The Chicago record's war stories". Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Lincoln Barnett, "Fred Astaire", Life magazine, August 25, 1941
- Frank Hobart Cheley, G. Cornelius Baker, Camp and outing activities
- "Animal Fair" from Captain Kangaroo's Treasure House of Best-Loved Songs
- bmacv (6 October 1978). "The Big Fix (1978)". IMDb. Retrieved 1 January 2016.